New to Forum, New to Porsche

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
65 Rob

Post by 65 Rob »

Hi, Just collected my 6mth old Macan SD yesterday from Porsche Centre Reading, the car is absolutely fantastic but then I don’t need to tell you that. Come from a BMW 640 Gran Coupe, which I have to say was excellent but really fancied a change in style of car,after several test drives the Macan really stood head & shoulders above the competition.
It seems good timing as I see there is an event this weekend at Beaulieu which I’m planning to attend.
Looking forward to getting to know the car and Porsche, hopefully will meet up with some of you on Sunday.
Macan SD, Jet Black Metallic, Panoramic Roof, 21” Turbo’s, PASM, Bose, 14 way Comfort Seats, PDLS + a few other bits.

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Welcome, certainly you have chosen an excellent time to join the fold.

Hopefully you will find that after driving the Macan you will not know how you ever lived without one.

I found the Porsche steering to be far better in feeling and not as light as BMW steering.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I too came from a 640d... love the diesel Macan.. hopefully will return. Enjoy....and yes the steering weighs up better than most BMW’s
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

65 Rob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 pm Hi, Just collected my 6mth old Macan SD yesterday from Porsche Centre Reading, the car is absolutely fantastic but then I don’t need to tell you that. Come from a BMW 640 Gran Coupe, which I have to say was excellent but really fancied a change in style of car,after several test drives the Macan really stood head & shoulders above the competition.
It seems good timing as I see there is an event this weekend at Beaulieu which I’m planning to attend.
Looking forward to getting to know the car and Porsche, hopefully will meet up with some of you on Sunday.
Hello Rob and a warm welcome to the Porsche family. Hopefully we will bump into you at Beaulieu. As long as it's while we're walking around the gathering rather than on the road!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

The Diesel is a great car. If i had been doing more miles I would definitely have kept mine. There’s not many other diesel cars that I would choose to take for a spin just for the pleasure of driving it.
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive
happy days

Post by happy days »

Oh no! You have made the cardinal error in joining this forum! You will have all of your options discussed, within a few weeks you will be getting your car detailed to perfection and then protected, you will be buying yourself a new pressure washer, water filter, snow foam machine, all sorts of detailing products, clay bar, sheepskin mitt, microfibre towels, boot liner, a spare set of wheels for winter tyre use, a set of dash cams (front and rear) - the list is endless.

Then once you have all this, you'll realise that it's actually a 911 that you need and will have to sell your McCann. And then the boys will actively force you into buying a car with about 20k of options that they would like (not you!) and don't even start on the choice of colour! Then you will realise that in fact you need a electric car and you will have to move house to enable off-street charging!!!

Leave now and deactivate your account as quickly as you can!!!!

(Only joking, a better lot you couldn't wish to keyboard chat with).
Macan S D
718 S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

happy days wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 am Oh no! You have made the cardinal error in joining this forum! You will have all of your options discussed, within a few weeks you will be getting your car detailed to perfection and then protected, you will be buying yourself a new pressure washer, water filter, snow foam machine, all sorts of detailing products, clay bar, sheepskin mitt, microfibre towels, boot liner, a spare set of wheels for winter tyre use, a set of dash cams (front and rear) - the list is endless.

Then once you have all this, you'll realise that it's actually a 911 that you need and will have to sell your McCann. And then the boys will actively force you into buying a car with about 20k of options that they would like (not you!) and don't even start on the choice of colour! Then you will realise that in fact you need a electric car and you will have to move house to enable off-street charging!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

happy days wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 am Oh no! You have made the cardinal error in joining this forum! You will have all of your options discussed, within a few weeks you will be getting your car detailed to perfection and then protected, you will be buying yourself a new pressure washer, water filter, snow foam machine, all sorts of detailing products, clay bar, sheepskin mitt, microfibre towels, boot liner, a spare set of wheels for winter tyre use, a set of dash cams (front and rear) - the list is endless.

That about sums it up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum, 65 Rob! 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:58 pm
65 Rob wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 pm Hi, Just collected my 6mth old Macan SD yesterday from Porsche Centre Reading, the car is absolutely fantastic but then I don’t need to tell you that. Come from a BMW 640 Gran Coupe, which I have to say was excellent but really fancied a change in style of car,after several test drives the Macan really stood head & shoulders above the competition.
Hello Rob and a warm welcome to the Porsche family. Hopefully we will bump into you at Beaulieu. As long as it's while we're walking around the gathering rather than on the road!
Saw you on the drive in to Simply Porsche with your XX ROB number plate. Your black Macan was looking impressively shinny. ;)
Hope that you are enjoying your SD experience.
Steve

VanB

Post by VanB »

That is funny and scarily accurate!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate