Noob Alert - UK

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
wizzzard

Re: Noob Alert - UK

Post by wizzzard » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Agreed on the extras list @Col Lamb.
PASM, 20", Pano Roof, Bose and BiXenons/LEDs are a must...
Privacy Glass (in case I get lucky), Interior Lighting, Heated Seats (for comfort on said lucky times), Front and Rear Park Assist & Dimming mirrors are all nice to haves...

I have taken a GTS out previously but have nothing to compare it against so will certainly accept your learned guidance and head down to the nearest OPC in East London and try and experience the variants.

8-)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:46 pm

I think that front and rear park assist is standard.

If the GTS is outside the budget, the Macan petrol 3.0 V6 S model is still a lovely car. :)
Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 pm

wizzzard wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:43 pm
Agreed on the extras list @Col Lamb.
PASM, 20", Pano Roof, Bose and BiXenons/LEDs are a must...
Privacy Glass (in case I get lucky), Interior Lighting, Heated Seats (for comfort on said lucky times), Front and Rear Park Assist & Dimming mirrors are all nice to haves...

I have taken a GTS out previously but have nothing to compare it against so will certainly accept your learned guidance and head down to the nearest OPC in East London and try and experience the variants.

8-)
I should have included RevCam in the list of popular extras, Surround Cam is by far better.

Reversing a Macan without rear cameras is a pain as there is huge blind areas in the rear quarters, check this out in car to see what I mean.

Next time you do a test run do have a play with the suspension and sport settings, you may not notice much with the suspension settings until to go round a tight bend fairly quickly.

Sport and Sport plus modes give different engine and gearbox maps.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Spare Wheel plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo

Return to “Introductions”