Finally got one..

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

After decades of driving an assortment of cars, some good and some not so good, I have finally found myself in a Porsche. A Macan diesel S in Jet Black and high spec. Not new, I rarely buy new cars, and three previous owners including the dealer. I buy on condition and spec. It was explained to me that it is not unusual for Porsche's to have multi owners in a short time as the very wealthy buy whilst waiting for a new car to be delivered . I've had it for six weeks now and. apart from a cracked A/C switch, there have been no issues although I have noticed a whining noise at times from the engine area which is how I found this Forum after I googled 'Macan whining noise'.

I had a similar noise in a Jaguar XF I once owned before it broke. The Dealer suggested I turned up the radio to distract me from the noise as he had no idea what it was.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 pm After decades of driving an assortment of cars, some good and some not so good, I have finally found myself in a Porsche. A Macan diesel S in Jet Black and high spec. Not new, I rarely buy new cars, and three previous owners including the dealer. I buy on condition and spec. It was explained to me that it is not unusual for Porsche's to have multi owners in a short time as the very wealthy buy whilst waiting for a new car to be delivered . I've had it for six weeks now and. apart from a cracked A/C switch, there have been no issues although I have noticed a whining noise at times from the engine area which is how I found this Forum after I googled 'Macan whining noise'.

I had a similar noise in a Jaguar XF I once owned before it broke. The Dealer suggested I turned up the radio to distract me from the noise as he had no idea what it was.
That seems like sound advice. 😳
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 pm After decades of driving an assortment of cars, some good and some not so good, I have finally found myself in a Porsche. A Macan diesel S in Jet Black and high spec. Not new, I rarely buy new cars, and three previous owners including the dealer. I buy on condition and spec. It was explained to me that it is not unusual for Porsche's to have multi owners in a short time as the very wealthy buy whilst waiting for a new car to be delivered . I've had it for six weeks now and. apart from a cracked A/C switch, there have been no issues although I have noticed a whining noise at times from the engine area which is how I found this Forum after I googled 'Macan whining noise'.

Hi - Welcome. Describe whining? Do you only hear it at stationairy or whilst driving? I had a whining noise from the front right hand side of the car audible when sationairy. It turned out to be the airco compressor. It was more audible inside the car than under the bonnet when I listened outside. Good luck
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

[b
I had a similar noise in a Jaguar XF I once owned before it broke. The Dealer suggested I turned up the radio to distract me from the noise as he had no idea what it was.[/b]
The Jag dealer would suggest that everytime as they have no idea about solving problems.

Noises under the bonnet are frequently the engine mounts but a whining noise can suggest water pump issues which with Porsche is not an unknown problem but as your engine is a rebadged Audi it could be one of a few different faults.

From your name am I correct innassuming you bought it from one of the dealers in that great County?

If so I do hope it was not from the one near Manchester Airport.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Found this forum searching for “Macan whining?” Sounds about right. There is endless whining on here.
Old people with nothing better to do with their time 👴🏻 ⌨️😆
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

goron59 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:47 am Found this forum searching for “Macan whining?” Sounds about right. There is endless whining on here.
Cruel, but true. :D :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col M

Post by Col M »

goron59 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:47 am Found this forum searching for “Macan whining?” Sounds about right. There is endless whining on here.
Got to do something whilst I save up for the next tank full.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Nosmo, the whining noise is exactly as you describe. I will drop in to my nearest Dealer, in Chester, to see what can be done. Col Lamb, I bought my car from Bolton Porsche. They were excellent despite being owned by Stratstone as the Wilmslow dealer you mentioned.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Who are you calling old?! :shock: ;) :? :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I imagine the vast majority of forum members would be considered old farts!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate