Macan Diesel Performance figures

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

skipper what was the f type like, only thinking of getting one for the summer months and would appreciate some realistic detail.

ta

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

My missus has an ftype s AWD.

It's a great GT car. Bags of performance and a real head turner. However if you want a sports car, for fun and shorter journeys, then look at a caster. They are more fun overall.
skipper

Post by skipper »

gasgas1 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 pm skipper what was the f type like, only thinking of getting one for the summer months and would appreciate some realistic detail.

ta
The F type is a really fun car to own and drive. You need to have the S which is the sweet-spot in the line-up. The larger engined ones are too heavy at the front and way too expensive for what they offer. The new 2 litre one may be worth considering, but it wasn't available when I got mine. Build quality was better than I expected, and better than some of the motoring press make out, although not as good as Porsche. I had the car for two years. I had no problems what-so-ever. No rattles and no faults. If you get one be prepared for people stopping you and asking about it, especially in the North of England and Scotland where they aren't so plentiful. Watch the front end when parking up to things. The bonnet is longer than you think and there are loads of F types with cracked front spoilers because of this. Get front parking aids as well as the standard rear ones. The camera at the back is necessary too because rear visibility is pretty much zero, but that would be true of a lot of cars now.

All in all I enjoyed owning it a lot. I do miss all the drama from the engine note and the switchable sports exhaust. But it's time to grow up and I do love my SD. It helped a lot when the Jag had to go!

There are a lot of second hand ones on the market with low mileage. I guess a lot of people get them so as to scratch an itch like me and then let them go. Most have very low miles. Mine had 9000 after 2 years.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Am I alone in failing to understand why anyone would own a driver's car like that and not drive it? Seems like a futile extravagance to me! This is not a criticism but more about something I find inexplicable. I have to reign myself in with the 911 so that I don't put too many miles on it. I equally find it inexplicable that most Porsches (apparently) cover no more than 6k miles a year. Why bother owning one if you're not going to drive it?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can’t say I disagree with that!😁
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I agree with the sentiment. I put 20K on mine (petrol) in two years and it didn't feel as though I was over using it. I would have loved to drive it more but those were the miles I was doing.

That said, each to their own. If people only want to put 6k per year, or whatever, then so be it. Just missing out on driving a fantastic car :shock:
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:41 pm Am I alone in failing to understand why anyone would own a driver's car like that and not drive it? Seems like a futile extravagance to me! This is not a criticism but more about something I find inexplicable. I have to reign myself in with the 911 so that I don't put too many miles on it. I equally find it inexplicable that most Porsches (apparently) cover no more than 6k miles a year. Why bother owning one if you're not going to drive it?
VanB, I think that you and I are unusual in so far as how we use our 911s. I got mine in April and I think you got your GTS in March, and we’re both over 9k miles already. Most owners of cars like the 911 or the F-Type probably don’t buy them as sole cars/daily drivers. And some buy certain sports cars with an eye on their investment potential. :shock: For me, you only live once, so drive an iconic sports car every day! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

The FType we bought had 1600 miles on the clock at 18 months old. Our gain the old owners loss!

Keeping miles low to retain value is misguided when you work out what the cost per mile is. Let alone the loss of enjoyment.
VanB

Post by VanB »

WingCo the GTS isnt my only car but it is the one I would choose to drive and I do, for the most part, use it as my daily driver.

Cars as good as these just shouldn’t be garage queens. If you own a GT3 I might understand it but an F-Type or 911 just drive the bloody thing
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
happy days

Post by happy days »

My neighbour has an F-Type and he keeps it in his garage all week while he drives a Kia Picanto to work. It comes out on Sunday for a wash. I only think I've ever seen him driving it once on the road. Total waste, if you ask me. Our Porkers are driven - 718 has 17.5k on it in two years, while McCann is approaching 47k in less than two years too.
Macan S D
718 S