Macan Diesel Performance figures

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

nsm3 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:50 am

Think this may be the video that Col Lamb is referring to?

Not as big an advantage as the numbers would suggest, but still agree that they could've simply dropped the same output motor into the Macan?

Thanks for sharing. The Macan SD is still quicker than 99% of other vehicles on the road. And between the Macan and the Audi (or BMW, or Merc) I know which one I’d rather take home. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:39 pm
nsm3 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:50 am

Think this may be the video that Col Lamb is referring to?

Not as big an advantage as the numbers would suggest, but still agree that they could've simply dropped the same output motor into the Macan?

Thanks for sharing. The Macan SD is still quicker than 99% of other vehicles on the road. And between the Macan and the Audi (or BMW, or Merc) I know which one I’d rather take home. ;)
Have to agree :D :D :D
mschaffl

Post by mschaffl »

Please see this thread in the US Macan Forum:
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/modifi ... pping.html

For all technical topcis you will find more in the US Forum.
mschaffl

Post by mschaffl »

Please see this thread in the US Macan Forum:
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/modifi ... pping.html

For all technical topcis you will find more in the US Forum.
Urso

Post by Urso »

Thanks for sharing and good data on the US site.
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I've got the TDI twin tuning box on mine and set at just over 300bhp - this makes it a far easier car to live with, and obviously a bit quicker as well with reduced turbo lag as the 2 parts of the box control both the fuel injection and the turbo, which kicks in at lower revs. I'd recon mine sits just under the 6s mark for 0-60.

I 've never raced another car in it, my feeling are that after a short spurt on full throttle your probably going way too fast for most situation where you would want to race someone :oops: Best leave it to the boy racers in £10k Fiestas.

James
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

jesim1 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 am I 've never raced another car in it, my feeling are that after a short spurt on full throttle your probably going way too fast for most situation where you would want to race someone :oops: Best leave it to the boy racers in £10k Fiestas.

James
:lol: :lol: Quite right, James. Unless you’re on a track. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

It’s not like, even in stock form, the SQ5 completely trounces it. Certainly not by as much as the figures on paper might suggest. The SD is a fine car with plenty of power and poke for normal every day use
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

standard or not still fast enough to loose your licence in a few seconds, but as has been said before it is the all round package on the road, handling brakes, economy etc.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I have had my new Macan SD just over two weeks now. It replaces a Jaguar F type S and an Audi Q3. The plan was to replace two cars with one which blended the attributes of both. Difficult, I know given the parentage. But the Macan diesel was the only option I could afford and I don't regret my choice one bit.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.