Getting a good deal

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

biggeordie wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:39 pm Hi All

Thanks for input, just as expected, but god loves a trier, watch this space, free wheel ins, extended warranty is target.

And free mugs !!!!

Welcome to the forum! :)

And the very best of luck with free wheel insurance, and extended warranty!! :shock: ;)

In fact if you get those both for free, you can have my free Porsche mug! :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Welcome to the world of Porsche :lol: :lol:
You will still love it - and that's what they are counting on!
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
happy days

Post by happy days »

I got the full tank and presentation box as expected, plus a nice golf umbrella and a bottle of Porsche wine with the 718S. Wife got flowers and a boot liner with the Macan, plus the usual presentation box and full tank.
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mats are standard spec, tank of fuel is a Porsche standard (as Col says)
I got a leather key pouch from the parts dept, and a nice coffee and some biscuits!
EDIT - oh, and some golf balls and a golf towel with my second one!
Some on here were able to get money off the last of the current spec when Porsche had put a bit of physical stock on the ground but a factory order for your chosen spec will be at the price list price.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Caster

Post by Caster »

Full tank of fuel, rubber mats, 5.7 litres of AdBlue (3x1.9L dispensers in handy carry bag!), 1 litre top up engine oil, touch up paint stick and fitting of my self sourced mudflaps, wheel centres + dash switches all free on my SD. Plus, the usual presentation pack.

Good luck with your efforts !
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I got a discount on my original SD which was then carried over to my petrol S after I threw the SD back (DPF and I had a fight). The discount was offered because it was in stock, not on spec. So, if you've ordered, I would aim for a set of the espresso cups (got those) and an umbrella. If you ask for anything else, may I introduce you to the Hope Brothers...Bob and No??! :lol:
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I did manage to wrangle a Porsche cool box out of them that plugs into the 12v socket in the boot, but I think as a result I sacrificed my Porsche photo frame. And trust me, I'm sure it would be easier to get 20k off a Merc than a £120 cool box from Porsche.

I'd have a go for the wheel warranty, anything more you'll be shoe'd out of the showroom!

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 pm
ScotMac wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 pm I got a key ring and half a tank of fuel :roll: :roll: :roll:
You were conned.

You should have had a full tank of fuel, it is not a negotiated item it is a Porsche GB instruction to all OPCs.

Presentaion box with photo, keyring and spare key is pretty standard, if lucky you could get a Pylon in a few months.

With Macan 1 we got six Porsche china mugs, and a £50 jewellery voucher.

With Macan 2 we got two insulated mugs and a boot liner.
😱😥 Photo, spare key, fobs and flowers. Where did I go wrong?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Macman

Post by Macman »

We got 2 key fobs, photo in frame and 2 mugs. Didn’t even attempt to haggle except when in came to the trade in price for our Cayman. They more than matched the on line quote from webuyanycar and we all know wbac knock you down on the online quote for anything more than a squashed fly on the bonnet.

So if you have a trade in try haggling with that, they have a bit more flexibility there I think.
Porsche history: 924 S, 944 S2, 996.2, 987.1, Macan S
H's

Post by H's »

I got a smallish discount on the car, a large Porsche umbrella, 2 x key fobs and a load liner for the boot. I was quite surprised at the time. Good luck with your negotiations.