Getting a good deal

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Hi All

Thanks again for inputs, while I,m not excactley rich or poor having worked till 57 years of age, (65K on latest build). surely the depreciation in such short ownership time must hur the pocket,. Or am I in the minority in wealth stakes, as we cant take it with us

Regards BG

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

A second hand GTS is worth exploring!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

biggeordie wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:16 pm Hi All

Thanks again for inputs, while I,m not excactley rich or poor having worked till 57 years of age, (65K on latest build). surely the depreciation in such short ownership time must hur the pocket,. Or am I in the minority in wealth stakes, as we cant take it with us

Regards BG
Hi BG. You’re correct in that depreciation is a major cost, although Porsches do tend to hold their value better than most other marques. In the early days of the Macan, a few on here sold or part exchanged for very close to the original cost price, partly because it was a fairly new model that still had lengthy waiting lists. Of course, some versions of Porsche sports cars (mostly the GT models) actually appreciate in value, but that doesn’t apply to any versions of the Macan. Cheers, Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:05 pm
biggeordie wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:16 pm Hi All

Regards BG
Hi BG. You’re correct in that depreciation is a major cost, although Porsches do tend to hold their value better than most other marques. In the early days of the Macan, a few on here sold or part exchanged for very close to the original cost price, partly because it was a fairly new model that still had lengthy waiting lists. Of course, some versions of Porsche sports cars (mostly the GT models) actually appreciate in value, but that doesn’t apply to any versions of the Macan. Cheers, Simon
This really only the case if you dont really use them
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looked at Porsche Approved site for 991 GT3s earlier, purely for research. ;)

43 GT3s for sale, mostly 991.2 models (35). Admittedly quite a few had less than 1,000 miles on the clock. But others had clocked up a fair amount of mileage. All were still way above list price. Especially two recent GT3s with Touring Pack! :shock:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:37 pm A second hand GTS is worth exploring!
Mine is explorable :ugeek:
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote:Looked at Porsche Approved site for 991 GT3s earlier, purely for research. ;)

43 GT3s for sale, mostly 991.2 models (35). Admittedly quite a few had less than 1,000 miles on the clock. But others had clocked up a fair amount of mileage. All were still way above list price. Especially two recent GT3s with Touring Pack! :shock:
GT3 with touring pack is probably the closest thing available to a 911R and I would expect them to hold well. It’s what I would order if ever privileged enough to be on the list but as I am only on my 3rd Porsche that’s highly unlikely, sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:05 am
Wing Commander wrote:Looked at Porsche Approved site for 991 GT3s earlier, purely for research. ;)

GT3 with touring pack is probably the closest thing available to a 911R and I would expect them to hold well. It’s what I would order if ever privileged enough to be on the list but as I am only on my 3rd Porsche that’s highly unlikely, sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would very much be my favoured GT3 as well Van. Just such a cool understated car, and probably in GT Silver.
I did pick up some favourable signs that I might be getting close to the front of the que when I called in to chat to the SE and get some help with connect on my new phone a few weeks ago. I do wonder if they don't like keeping the pot bubbling and a few reserves in the favoured pipeline in case some of the special clients run out of funds in these uncertain times. I know quite a few big time operators that crashed and burned in the property crash a few years back, slipping from Ferraris to Fiestas, and there will undoubtable be a few more loose out in next years fun and games.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Just checking on American forum, how come they all seem to be able to negotiate discounts.

Or just the UK buyers being mugged as usual.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Different car selling model in the US.....most cars are bought off forecourts pre-specced.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8