Getting a good deal

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I think that maybe some of you may have the wrong impression of how PASM functions.

It is not a system that simply has the three fixed settings.

It is constantly operating and adjusting the suspension thousands of times a second.

An undulation on the road and PASM adapts, where a fixed steel spring will not adapt in the same way it will be disturb the track of the car and in the ride, it may only be small but it is there nevertheless.

On a rough country road PASM will react far better than steel springs only, the PASM fitted car will remain more stable.

On a straight road you will be hard pressed to tell any significant difference between the three PASM modes, but when you start to push on in the twisties the difference becomes more obvious.

If you have the chance it is worthwhile driving a specific country circuit using the different PASM modes to see what the difference actually is.

Since the GTS is the supposed sweet handling variant if our Macan there is a simple reason why PASM is included as standard.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

jk88

Post by jk88 »

biggeordie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm Hi All still working on getting good deal Ha Ha.

Bit of guidance and opinions with build if possible.

Comfort memory seats against Active sport seats.

Have a sport exhaust or use monies on PASM.

Definately having black tail pipes regardless.

Any other advice gratefully accepted.

Regards B G

I've had both the 14 & 18 way seats in my two Macans. For me the 18 way are far more comfortable as I always felt the 14 way lack side support in comparison. I had a loaner a couple of weeks ago with 14 way and it only served to remind me how much better the 18 ways seats are IMHO.

Agree with Col re PASM, it's worth every penny and wouldn't consider a Macan without it. Try cars with and without and then decide for yourself.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The black coating on the tailpipes degrades very quickly in normal use, with some on here having them changes more than once under warranty.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Many thanks to all for input, think will go with PASM, still on fence with seats.

Throw this in if I may. Why does no one seem to keep a new Macan for any length of time, before trading in for another Porshe, as it seems a great

set of wheels from what I have seen and tested, or any other model for that matter

Thanks again BG
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Addiction.....
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
VanB

Post by VanB »

Quite a few people are on their 2nd or 3rd Macans because it is a great car. Others have moved on to different Porsche offerings for various reasons. A small percentage have moved to other marques.

I think it says a lot about the quality and blend of characteristics their cars have that so many people stick with Porsche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:08 pm Quite a few people are on their 2nd or 3rd Macans because it is a great car. Others have moved on to different Porsche offerings for various reasons. A small percentage have moved to other marques.

I think it says a lot about the quality and blend of characteristics their cars have that so many people stick with Porsche
+1. My Macan ownership was short-lived, but for me it was a stepping stone on entry to the Porsche family. On my 4th Porsche now so, yes, the marque is addictive! :oops:

I love the quality, the design, the engineering and the performance of Porsches and now find it hard to imagine driving anything else! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

biggeordie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm Many thanks to all for input, think will go with PASM, still on fence with seats.

Throw this in if I may. Why does no one seem to keep a new Macan for any length of time, before trading in for another Porshe, as it seems a great

set of wheels from what I have seen and tested, or any other model for that matter

Thanks again BG
I am on my second Macan which is a Turbo that does all I need in a car it is nearly two years old and I have no desire to change but it will be the last Porsche that I own.

Only thing wrong for me with a Macan is that it is too big, I would prefer it to be Q3 sized and this is why I do not see myself buying another Porsche, they are not producing the car I want which is a smaller full EV.

I have zero desire to own a 911 or Boxter/Cayman, even if I could get in and out of one of the sports cars they are totally impractical for us since we only have one car and liw carrying capacity means even the 911 is a no go and a Panny is simply to long for our garage.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

biggeordie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm Why does no one seem to keep a new Macan for any length of time, before trading in for another Porshe, as it seems a great set of wheels from what I have seen and tested, or any other model for that matter

Thanks again BG
For me, I bought Macan No 1, an ex demo SD, without understanding the options I really wanted. After a few months I wanted 14 way seats instead of 18's, petrol rather than diesel, Air susp, LED's, VG etc etc, so ordered a new S. Still didn't get it quite right, should have ordered a GTS. I saw a quote on here a while ago that was something like 'it takes 3 to get your ideal spec'. Very happy with my Panamera Hybrid though, so its been 3 Porsches in less than 2 yrs. Saving for a Gen 2 Panamera Hybrid though, quite fancy one in Chalk.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Good luck with that. Blood and stone springs to mind on discounts. You could turn up in a Stelvio and claim your on a test drive and haven't made up your mind yet.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.