Getting a good deal

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

VanB wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:44 pm
gasgas1 wrote:others will dream of all kinds of deals, as long as you are happy with the offer that is all that matters.
If you walk away with a smile on your face then you know you’ve done a good deal so agree wholeheartedly.

There really are no awesome deals to be had unlike with BMW etc. but that is why residuals have been good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly it... I got £9k off my BMW 340i (list was £40k, I paid £31k) and after 3 years it’ll be worth around £18k trade. That’s a residual of around 58% which, although not bad, is still way lower than on a (sensibly optioned) Macan which should retain up to 70% of the original list price!

Some on this forum disagree with this figure but it all depends on options. My feeling is that if you put 10-15k worth of extras on your Macan then you’ll take a bigger hit come trade in/sale time!

Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

I got no discount on my Macan GTS. Must admit it came as a bit of a shock coming from BMW where discounts are rife :) . Still residuals on the Macan GTS are quite good so can't complain. I was offered good money for my car a few weeks back by a few OPCs but no point changing as nothing else comes close. Still loving it :D .
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather