Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great deal hels1175 👍

Was this a Pre registered new car?

Look forward to the pics

Enjoy and welcome 👍
GTS 😀

Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Happened to be in the vicinity of Reading OPCs car park a few days ago and they must have had 30-40 new Macan's parked out there. Now I know that they keep Porsche GBs press cars there and they do the PDIs for the Porsche owned dealerships but I suspect they might be wanting to do deals before the quarter ends to clear some of the current stock.

One thing that bothers me though is that I hope this isn't the slippery slope towards chasing volume through discounts. I'm old enough to remember the days that you had to wait a year or more for a new Mercedes Benz of any description and they were so over engineered they'd go on for ever. And BMWs were more basic than a tractor in terms of standard equipment, even a radio was extra. Look at them now, virtually giving them away and quality has suffered as a consequence.

I got a great deal on my current GTS but that was more about being in the right place at the right time so not the norm. If anyone else happens to be in the same position then enjoy it and smile. But if everyone starts getting a great deal it can only mean one thing.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Paul

Post by Paul »

I suspect this a very short-term thing, and mirrors your right place right time scenario.

The new emissions regs meant that “pack” cars were built during Q3 in good quantities. These cars were all pre-specced to enable a batch of quick emmissions test to be done and get cars on the road.

Every dealership will gave been auto-allocated a number of these with no scope for them, or the customer to choose colours or options. Whilst the first few will have been sold fairly easily there will always be a residual number of cars with “wrong” colours, ‘wrong” wheels and so on which, with the year-end audits looming, they’ll want to get gone; hence some lucky customers will be able to secure a decent commercial gesture (because Porsche don’t do discount😂)
Last edited by Paul on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes suspect it will just be a short term thing as all dealers have cars ready to deliver which is totally unusual. They will be wanting some sales for year end and more importantly some cash in the bank after many months of no new cars to sell. Also needing to try to tempt people into what will be the less popular 2 litre models.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I think it was always possible to get a deal on the pre facelift 2.0 Macan and it looks as though that may be the case with in stock facelift 2.0s. If a dealer has been allocated 17 pre specced Macans it’s not surprising they are keen to do a deal before the quarter end.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Hels1175 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:10 pm Just purchased a 2019 new Macan from Tim, Leicester Porsche. Got a great deal with 3k discount for delivery before 31st December as they had 19 Macans pre-spec’d delivered. Really happy with the whole Porsche experience. (New Porsche owner! 😊)
Problem there for me is that I’ve looked at pre specced cars and even with a £3k discount they’re still a lot more than a custom order with the spec I’d actually want. Pre spec cars always come well loaded and I’d think they’d pretty much have to discount them because why would you pay list price for a car with many expensive options which you didn’t choose yourself!! (Unless of course you were lucky enough to find one with the exact spec you want!)

I’m very particular about what I want:
PASM
Sport Seats
Metallic Paint
Wheel upgrade
Auto dim
Heated Seats (maybe steering wheel)

A pre spec car will almost certainly have all this (just over £5k) plus another £8-10k options I don’t want or need! A discount helps to counter the hit you take on the options come trade in time!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

nozydog wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:24 am
Hels1175 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:10 pm Just purchased a 2019 new Macan from Tim, Leicester Porsche. Got a great deal with 3k discount for delivery before 31st December as they had 19 Macans pre-spec’d delivered. Really happy with the whole Porsche experience. (New Porsche owner! 😊)
Problem there for me is that I’ve looked at pre specced cars and even with a £3k discount they’re still a lot more than a custom order with the spec I’d actually want. Pre spec cars always come well loaded and I’d think they’d pretty much have to discount them because why would you pay list price for a car with many expensive options which you didn’t choose yourself!! (Unless of course you were lucky enough to find one with the exact spec you want!)

I’m very particular about what I want:
PASM
Sport Seats
Metallic Paint
Wheel upgrade
Auto dim
Heated Seats (maybe steering wheel)

A pre spec car will almost certainly have all this (just over £5k) plus another £8-10k options I don’t want or need! A discount helps to counter the hit you take on the options come trade in time!
I was quite lucky with my February 2018 pre registered SD that I bought in March as it had all the options that I wanted- Volcano grey, 21” gloss black Sports classics, pano roof, 14 way heated seats, black leather package, heated steering wheel, Park Assist with reversing camera, monochrome black gloss exterior package, smoker package. A few options that I probably would not have specced myself but quite nice to have eg painted side blades , black roof rails, power steering plus , auto dimming mirrors,
Porsche crests on front and rear seats, painted Porsche logo and model badges. Got £6500 off list.

A5C211D6-D8E1-41DC-B4E3-C194DA6BC7E3.png

0B3ABC3A-5678-4796-8F85-B11B1DCDBD9F.png

E0DE6093-8CB7-4036-801A-AF2CBED67145.png

2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I am new to Porsche, so I don’t have empirical evidence on the subject, but my normative research tells me that the only way one can get a discount, is if the dealer has not achieved a target by QtrEnd or YearEnd, has yard full of stock, and the Dealer Principal incentive trip to exotic/undisclosed location is on the line.

And with us lot on the market, buying like in a shark frenzy, before Brexit kicks-in, currently there is low probability of that happening.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Pivot wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:54 pm I am new to Porsche, so I don’t have empirical evidence on the subject, but my normative research tells me that the only way one can get a discount, is if the dealer has not achieved a target by QtrEnd or YearEnd, has yard full of stock, and the Dealer Principal incentive trip to exotic/undisclosed location is on the line.

And with us lot on the market, buying like in a shark frenzy, before Brexit kicks-in, currently there is low probability of that happening.
I agree. Never had any discount on a factory order to my spec but if time is right a discount can be had on a car in stock particularly if it is specced quite highly.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Have bought 3 Porsches and had discount on 2 (not very much but still worth having). However, no discount on the Macan GTS
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate