Getting a good deal

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

VanB wrote:Have bought 3 Porsches and had discount on 2 (not very much but still worth having). However, no discount on the Macan GTS
Did you use brute force? Blackmail? Or did you send your footballer’s wife?
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

VanB

Post by VanB »

Pivot wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:45 pm
VanB wrote:Have bought 3 Porsches and had discount on 2 (not very much but still worth having). However, no discount on the Macan GTS
Did you use brute force? Blackmail? Or did you send your footballer’s wife?
I don’t have a footballer’s wife because that would make me a footballer which I have never had either the talent or desire to be :lol:

It is simply about asking the right questions and being prepared to walk away. Never been called a discount by the way but I think dealer incentive
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Good point VanB

It is hard to negotiate a price on a built to order vehicle, hence my not so subtle questions [emoji51]
Negotiating the price of one’s trade-in has a greater potential.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Never traded my car to the supplying dealer either and made on average an extra £5k each time excluding discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VanB

Post by VanB »

Incidentally all 3 were built to order

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

VanB wrote:Incidentally all 3 were built to order
Did you negotiate discount at the time of spec & price sign-off? Or at delivery?
VanB

Post by VanB »

Pivot wrote:
VanB wrote:Incidentally all 3 were built to order
Did you negotiate discount at the time of spec & price sign-off? Or at delivery?
At point of order otherwise you have a signed contract with your financial obligation laid out

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

others will dream of all kinds of deals, as long as you are happy with the offer that is all that matters.
VanB

Post by VanB »

gasgas1 wrote:others will dream of all kinds of deals, as long as you are happy with the offer that is all that matters.
If you walk away with a smile on your face then you know you’ve done a good deal so agree wholeheartedly.

There really are no awesome deals to be had unlike with BMW etc. but that is why residuals have been good so far

nozydog

Post by nozydog »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 am
nozydog wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:24 am
Hels1175 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:10 pm Just purchased a 2019 new Macan from Tim, Leicester Porsche. Got a great deal with 3k discount for delivery before 31st December as they had 19 Macans pre-spec’d delivered. Really happy with the whole Porsche experience. (New Porsche owner! 😊)
Problem there for me is that I’ve looked at pre specced cars and even with a £3k discount they’re still a lot more than a custom order with the spec I’d actually want. Pre spec cars always come well loaded and I’d think they’d pretty much have to discount them because why would you pay list price for a car with many expensive options which you didn’t choose yourself!! (Unless of course you were lucky enough to find one with the exact spec you want!)

I’m very particular about what I want:
PASM
Sport Seats
Metallic Paint
Wheel upgrade
Auto dim
Heated Seats (maybe steering wheel)

A pre spec car will almost certainly have all this (just over £5k) plus another £8-10k options I don’t want or need! A discount helps to counter the hit you take on the options come trade in time!
I was quite lucky with my February 2018 pre registered SD that I bought in March as it had all the options that I wanted- Volcano grey, 21” gloss black Sports classics, pano roof, 14 way heated seats, black leather package, heated steering wheel, Park Assist with reversing camera, monochrome black gloss exterior package, smoker package. A few options that I probably would not have specced myself but quite nice to have eg painted side blades , black roof rails, power steering plus , auto dimming mirrors,
Porsche crests on front and rear seats, painted Porsche logo and model badges. Got £6500 off list.
A5C211D6-D8E1-41DC-B4E3-C194DA6BC7E3.png
0B3ABC3A-5678-4796-8F85-B11B1DCDBD9F.png
E0DE6093-8CB7-4036-801A-AF2CBED67145.png
Looks very nice... and I’m sure the discount you got more than covered the options you wouldn’t have chosen yourself! Good deal I reckon... 8-)