Good morning and hello

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

First post. Picked up a base Macan on Saturday morning. First steeped into the dealership on Thursday, my first ever time in a Porsche dealership. I've never really 'got' the brand before but I was stunned at the quality of the interior. Came from an M3 that I had from new. Usual deal for me, keep 3 years and walk away. I wanted a change and we have acquired dogs, so the Macan was the best looking car out there. It is very pretty.

Base model sat in the showroom with a good chunk of extras:

Sapphire Blue
Black leather
21 Porsche Turbo alloys
Panoramic roof
Bose
LED lights
Black chrome exhaust tips
Headrest crest
Other styling stuff...can't remember but black stuff, 😀. Things like lane assist, blind spot assist, maybe they are standard.

Options were £11.4k, which is amazing, but maybe not in Porsche world. The wheels make the car really hunker and look the part.

First impressions? Lovely, beautiful interior, great tech. Very happy. Grappling with the audio as I type, MP3s not being fully recognised but I reckon it's FAT32 only being read up to 8GB by the system. I'm working on it.
Last edited by mjrennie on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Hi, hello, g'day and welcome. Great site for all things Macan no matter how neurotic you are! :lol:

So I take it you're in the 2 litre by your "base" reference?!

Cheers
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Favourite colour 😊
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Yes, the 2 litre petrol. I find it perfectly agile and quick. Coming from an M3, I'm surprised at it...thought I'd have to have the 6 pot GTS. I'm very happy with it and it meets more needs than the M. That was a great car though. I also liked the Porsche deal and pretty much everything around the deal and car, specification, looks...only the 2 missing cylinders as a barrier to overcome.
Last edited by mjrennie on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

Great spec. and nice colour too.
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Cheers. Having murders with the Bose...won't read all my MP3s, I have 20GB on a stick...tried several sticks, USB 2.0, 3.0, etc plus an SD card...

Seems to only allow 1,000 songs. Not impressed! It reads from a lockable 1TB hard drive (go figure) but only up to E in the alphabetical list. Crazy...does this on all formats. I tried a reduced number on an SD card and it reads them all...clearly cuts you off at 1000 songs. Arghh.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Are they all in the root directory or in folders? The info doesn't suggest that the limit is 1,000 overall.

Capture.PNG

Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome

The PCM is very fussy about the format of MP3 files.

Unfortunately the quality of ripped data from a music CD varies considerably.

My music has had all the content files checked and corrected using MP3TAG and they are organised into a folder structure like you get with ripped music in Windows Music folder. I have well over 10,000 files and they play very well.

If you can post more info and images of your problem then we may be able to help more.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
mjrennie

Post by mjrennie »

Thanks. I'll get onto it. The dealer said he'll help too. 100% it is only seeing the first 1000 tracks...I've tried several combinations of tracks and they all play if they sit in the first 1000. Weird.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, mjrennie! :)

Congrats on the Macan!

My first Porsche was the 2.0 Macan. Now on my 4th Porsche. They're addictive! ;)

Please share some pics of your new pride & joy!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018