Getting the best deal

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I’ve no idea if it is national OPC policy but Tewkesbury are/were asking a nominal £1K deposit* to be on the waiting list albeit is now nearer the time it may be the more normal £3K. The order would have to firmed up but being on the list is obviously beneficial.

* this also gets you a PEC session regardless! 😁😁
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I am happy to pay £1k, or £3k, or £10k to anyone who will give me 1p more than the other guy. Like the wise man said, 'if I am being screwed I expect to be kissed'. Then it comes down to the quality of the kiss versus the pain of the screw.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Fairynuff wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:43 am I am happy to pay £1k, or £3k, or £10k to anyone who will give me 1p more than the other guy. Like the wise man said, 'if I am being screwed I expect to be kissed'. Then it comes down to the quality of the kiss versus the pain of the screw.
:D :D
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

MacanArif wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 am Bolton isn't too far away from you Fairynuff - Private Message me and I'll put you in touch with my guy at the dealership, I have a history of about 7 cars bought from them so they will look after you.
Arif
Thanks - I have PM'd you but it's stuck in my 'outbox,' could it be that a need a min no of post before I can PM?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Fairynuff wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 am
MacanArif wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 am Bolton isn't too far away from you Fairynuff - Private Message me and I'll put you in touch with my guy at the dealership, I have a history of about 7 cars bought from them so they will look after you.
Arif
Thanks - I have PM'd you but it's stuck in my 'outbox,' could it be that a need a min no of post before I can PM?
It'll be stuck in your outbox until Arif reads it, that's how the system shows.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:39 pm :lol: Value for money, and a Porsche.

....enjoy the smile on your face whenever you start your Macan, that is priceless and something you cannot put monetary value on.

But, be warned once you buy a Porsche you may will find yourself hooked, nothing competes.
So true! I added every whizz-bang on to my GTS spec and will never see the money back. Do I care? Hell no! NOT FOR SALE! :lol:
Macman

Post by Macman »

Arif
I got mine from Bolton and found them very good to deal with. You are right when you say the trade in value is the the part to focus on when getting a good deal. Get some evidence of a trade in price or a price from we buy any car, and they will try to beat it, regardless of the fact that wbac will knock you down on the price they indicate on line. I’m happy with the price they gave me for my Cayman trade in.

These Macans are not cheap, but I think they are excellent value when you take into account the performance and handling versus any other SUV in the price range, plus the level of engineering which goes into them. I collected mine from the factory and saw them being put together, then thrashed one of their Macan S’s round their race track which had only got 23km on the clock, followed by the off road course and the car could cope with it with no elevated temperatures or any signs of stress. Most people think they need running in, Porsche don’t, they know they’ve built them well enough to cope with hard driving straight out of the factory.

Later on I went to the driver experience track at Silverstone and thrashed one round there for many laps, interspersed with several launch control starts and several goes on the skid pan and ice hill. That Macan had done 15k miles, from memory, all at that track. Your average “value” SUV is unlikely to be able to cope with that without major problems.

Ask the SE at Bolton OPC about the Cayenne launch when they went to Silverstone and compared it with the likes of F Pace, LR Velar, XC90 etc. All of the competition wilted, but the Cayenne’s kept going without problems.
Porsche history: 924 S, 944 S2, 996.2, 987.1, Macan S
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Arif
Hi, sent you a PM just now.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S