Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Rams911 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 am Thanks, think I agree. Looks better tinted. Hadn't thought of the sports exhaust but given the pipes alone are 550 then I might as well remove those and get the real one for the 1150 extra. Now I'm really looking forward to it!
Hi Rams, definitely add the heated steering wheel, maybe spare wheel depends on your view of major tyre failure risk. The tinted rear lights are far better looking than the red and complement your overall choices. Great spec 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Lovely spec, very similar to my MY16.

One thing I would suggest though. Is the Alcantara roof lining really worth the cash when combined with the Panoramic roof?

You're losing 80% of it. I'd choose one or the other. Just my 0.02p.

Big Phil
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Thanks for the welcome, gone for the sports exhaust and tinted rear lights. Think it looks a bit more modern although I do like the contrast with the black. Think its much of a muchness to be honest. I didn't want heated seats but the wife said it was a must and never really liked heated steering wheels and the spec list is already so long I think the dealer is going to cancel the order if I make any more changes.
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Big Phil.. agree not worth the money re the alcantra shame Porsche dont reduce the price for it if combined with pan roof. But still looks epic on any car so sod it!
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

think I got over excited on the configurator so the sensible thing would be to scale back. So having a think I might remove the Alcantara roof, £926 as the normal fabric roof lining is ok? The park assist with surround view £884 and you get park assist anyway? Maybe the PDLS plus lights as it comes with LED lights anyway £1067. Then there are some smaller items like the ionizer and the dimming mirrors? £200 and £250. The full leather package is £2247 but think it makes a difference so want to keep that.

What do you think?

I've added the tinted rear lights and the sports exhaust in black :)
happy days

Post by happy days »

For me the park assist with surround and the heated wheel are some of the absolutely nicest features of our Macan.
Macan S D
718 S
VanB

Post by VanB »

Unless regularly parallel parking or parking tight spaces I wouldn't bother with surround view as standard reversing cam gives very good view and the dipping wing mirror helps immensely. I didn't get heated steering wheel on my Macan as I don't really feel the cold (went to the gym this morning in shorts and T-shirt and it was -7). However, I did spec it out of curiosity on the 911 and think it's fabulous and, in Porsche terms, not terribly expensive. A very good addition and wish I'd listened to the forum when I ordered my Macan
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rams911 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 pm think I got over excited on the configurator so the sensible thing would be to scale back. So having a think I might remove the Alcantara roof, £926 as the normal fabric roof lining is ok? The park assist with surround view £884 and you get park assist anyway? Maybe the PDLS plus lights as it comes with LED lights anyway £1067. Then there are some smaller items like the ionizer and the dimming mirrors? £200 and £250. The full leather package is £2247 but think it makes a difference so want to keep that.

What do you think?

Good choice on the Porsche Sports Exhaust.

I would remove the Alcantara roof lining, surround view, PDLS Plus & the ionizer.

I personally wouldn't bother with reversing camera either. ;)

I would, however, keep the auto-dimming mirrors. I find them very useful.

And the leather package does add a touch of class to the interior.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:26 pm
Rams911 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 pm think I got over excited on the configurator so the sensible thing would be to scale back. So having a think I might remove the Alcantara roof, £926 as the normal fabric roof lining is ok? The park assist with surround view £884 and you get park assist anyway? Maybe the PDLS plus lights as it comes with LED lights anyway £1067. Then there are some smaller items like the ionizer and the dimming mirrors? £200 and £250. The full leather package is £2247 but think it makes a difference so want to keep that.

What do you think?

Good choice on the Porsche Sports Exhaust.

I would remove the Alcantara roof lining, surround view, PDLS Plus & the ionizer.

I personally wouldn't bother with reversing camera either. ;)

I would, however, keep the auto-dimming mirrors. I find them very useful.

And the leather package does add a touch of class to the interior.
thanks re the PSE

agreed re Alcantara. Surround think i can live without.

are the standard LEDs good? do they have auto hazard on/off? we light in a dark area with lots of B roads so matrix/dynamic leds are great/
Paul

Post by Paul »

The “new” facelift LED lights may not be the same as the phase 1 lights.
Someone on here commented on the lack of headlamp washers on standard models which is determined by headlight brightness.
I don’t have the answer to your question but the phase 1 LED all had headlamp washers. PDLS plus gave you cornering headlamps, variable distance focus and junction activated sidelights.....not sure on facelift what option gets you where.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465