Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Pivot wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 pm
Pivot wrote:I found a solution to the bling lights on the rear-end... tinted LED tail-lights. Has anyone seen it in real life? It looks good on the configurator.
On closer inspection the red tail lights look better in real life.

Tinted LED were slick, but less appealing
I do think it also depends on the paint colour... for instance the tinted (greyed out/clear or whatever you’d actually call it) light bar to me looks really good here against the volcano grey paint job!! It kind of blends in and looks less bling!

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Paul wrote:
Pivot wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:56 pm So... here is my long awaited Macan S spec:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKERT639
[emoji6][emoji6] I’d swap the Bose for some bigger wheels....the ‘18s look a bit lost.....
Tx Paul, I like to listen to Audible books while I travel, so Bose is actually more important feature.
I don’t like gangsta-wheels, for comfort I would take max 19’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

nozydog wrote:
Pivot wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:56 pm So... here is my long awaited Macan S spec:
No auto dimming mirrors or heated seats then? These are ‘must have’ items for me and relatively inexpensive! Also sports seats with the better side supports! In fact those items I mention plus maybe 19” wheels & metallic paint would be my only options (maybe PASM too)

But it all goes to show how individual we all are and what’s important to one is not at all to another! It’s good to see that like me, you’re not a 21” rim poseur!! :lol:
Oh yea! Auto dimming. How did I miss that!
Perhaps not heated seats, I would rather have ventilated seats.
Also, comfort seats are for my wife, so I don’t have to stop every 100km [emoji51] besides, I don’t do hard cornering. I guess bucket seats would go well together with large, low profile wheels.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Pivot wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:27 am
nozydog wrote:
No auto dimming mirrors or heated seats then? These are ‘must have’ items for me and relatively inexpensive! Also sports seats with the better side supports! In fact those items I mention plus maybe 19” wheels & metallic paint would be my only options (maybe PASM too)

But it all goes to show how individual we all are and what’s important to one is not at all to another! It’s good to see that like me, you’re not a 21” rim poseur!! :lol:
Oh yea! Auto dimming. How did I miss that!
Perhaps not heated seats, I would rather have ventilated seats.
Also, comfort seats are for my wife, so I don’t have to stop every 100km [emoji51] besides, I don’t do hard cornering. I guess bucket seats would go well together with large, low profile wheels.
Yes I've got to admit I do like throwing my car round corners (on empty roads of course!)

Fair enough you've gone for a nice luxury spec rather than appearance (ie huge wheels) I always think money is better spent on the interior of a car which is where you actually spend your time! I was considering giving heated seats a miss, but having had them included in my previous two or three cars it would be hard to give them up, although they only get used for maybe 4 months of the year and they always get too hot for me eventually even on lowest setting so maybe I've just talked myself out of them! :lol:
goron59

Post by goron59 »

nozydog wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 am Fair enough you've gone for a nice luxury spec rather than appearance (ie huge wheels)
I actually think 21" on the Macan is bad for appearance. Unless you like big gaping holes within the wheel with very thin black strips around the outside, of course! 20" looks about right. 19" looks rural. 18" looks like a spare. IMO.

I have 21" and on a bright sunny day, with the sun low, I almost cringe at how vacant the wheel spaces look. :?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

goron59 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:26 am
nozydog wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 am Fair enough you've gone for a nice luxury spec rather than appearance (ie huge wheels)
I actually think 21" on the Macan is bad for appearance. Unless you like big gaping holes within the wheel with very thin black strips around the outside, of course! 20" looks about right. 19" looks rural. 18" looks like a spare. IMO.

I have 21" and on a bright sunny day, with the sun low, I almost cringe at how vacant the wheel spaces look. :?
No such gaps on Turbo 21s. 21s are the best looking wheels outside of the spyders and even they have been upgraded to 21s for the facelift. If you put 18s on a Macan you should have the car removed from your possession frankly.
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Definitely, to my eyes 21's just look plain silly and overkill. They actually visually shrink the car and make it look like a hatchback! Maybe that's what some people like about them!? But IMO anyone paying over £3k for a wheel upgrade has way too much money!! :lol:

I'll probably go with the 19" Turbo rims as they're the actual design I like the most and keep an overall SUV appearance, plus they're not silly money! Actually standing next to a Macan in my local dealer, the 19's look huge to my eyes!!

But you're right about 18s, Porsche only put these on as standard so they can rub their hands together with glee as they watch most of us spend thousands upgrading to bigger rims!! :roll:
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Don't write 18" wheels off totally. In my admittedly biased opinion they are ideal when paired with winter tyres. They give maximum sidewall height which help the tyres to perform better in low temperatures and/or very poor road conditions.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
goron59

Post by goron59 »

GMAN75 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am

No such gaps on Turbo 21s. 21s are the best looking wheels outside of the spyders and even they have been upgraded to 21s for the facelift. If you put 18s on a Macan you should have the car removed from your possession frankly.
I have 21" Turbo Design wheels. Are they the same ones you're talking about?

The only good thing about mine is they got painted gloss black on the interior bits because that was part of the Turbo Exterior Pack. The bog standard ones look gappy an dirty :) You know I'm talking about the gaps within the wheels, right, not the gap outside the tyres? And even if that was the case, they all fill the wheel arches the same anyway.

The gapping problem would go away partially if you have bigger brakes, but the rear brakes, even on the Turbo, are tiny. It's almost embarrassing having them painted red!

Someone above said the 21" make the car look like an oversized hatchback, and OMG s/he was right! Looking at pics of my old Macan (on 20") and others on smaller wheels; they do indeed make the car look bigger.

Fortunately, you don't see the wheels when you're driving.... just just feel them when squeezing into multi-storey carparks :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR