Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Dandock wrote:
Pivot wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:49 pm Two years ago I took 435i and we drove 900 miles with the Mrs in one day (Cape Town to Johannesburg - good road, perfect weather, few stops...), she lost interest in long drives ever since [emoji15] I loved every second of it [emoji41]
:o How long did that take?
14 hours driveway to driveway.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

bobcat

Post by bobcat »

I call it relentless driving. Driving back from Istanbul many years ago we drove the full length of Yugoslavia in one day (700 miles) in our first car, a Citroen 2CV. The whole trip was 5000 miles in three weeks. Now that I have a Macan my long drives will be quiet different but hopefully still bring the same measure of satisfaction.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Long trips. Memories. Dusseldorf to the mountains above Ponte Nelle Alpi In Northern Italy which is around <550 miles. Helping to install a German made Central heating system. Upon arrival we discovered we'd forgotten a part which we knew we couldn't source locally. We unloaded the van and drove straight back the same day. We got bored with the cassettes pretty rapidly. A decade or so later a scene in the film the English Patient summarised our conversation pretty accurately. Besides "We've arrived" we also used "Let's fill up and swap seats". You know you're with a great mate when you're comfortable with each others silence and driving. Yes, we did drive back the next day again.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Back to options... I am considering a tow-bar for somewhat odd reason. Coming from the colonies, where tail-gating is a national sport, tow-bar used to gives me rear-end protection. Is that a desirable feature in the UK?
andreas

Post by andreas »

Pivot wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:24 pm Back to options... I am considering a tow-bar for somewhat odd reason. Coming from the colonies, where tail-gating is a national sport, tow-bar used to gives me rear-end protection. Is that a desirable feature in the UK?
Don't think so, a towbar will make no difference to whether you're tail-gated or not. If you actually need a towbar, the factory-fit option of an electrically retractable towbar is excellent, or you can buy an aftermarket towbar kit and have it fitted (it's the same kit as the Audi Q5). I specified the factory-fit option as we have a horse trailer, but I have to confess I haven't used it yet as I can't bring myself to take the Macan onto fields!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Pivot wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:24 pm Back to options... I am considering a tow-bar for somewhat odd reason. Coming from the colonies, where tail-gating is a national sport, tow-bar used to gives me rear-end protection. Is that a desirable feature in the UK?
At the car park I use, one particularly idiotic BMW driver always felt the need to park right up to my rear bumper. Whether the car park was empty or not, the space behind the Macan was his favourite spot regardless of where I parked. Once he parked so close to me that he must have bumped the rear bumper. From that day on I deployed the automatically extending tow bar when parking. Funnily enough he never did it again.

I don't believe it will stop tailgating, it will deter people using your rear bumper as an alternative haptic parking aid....
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

When I speck'ed my Macan. I thought the standard headlights would do fine. As the standard headlights on my previous Merc', were fab. Serious bad mistake. The standard headlights are rubbish, no better than candles. Retro fitting over standard lights is not an option. Just a thought....
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

If anyone asked for advice on here, prior to finalising their order, they will invariably have been advised to upgrade the headlights. Not an issue now though that LEDs are standard with the facelifted Macan.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I didn't have standard lights on my cars for at least 15 years... good to see that Macan has gone LED as standard.
Now, get on with production and bring it on.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Do the Comfort (14-way) seats come with full natural leather?
Or is it Sport (18-way) seats that have natural leather?
I drove one the other day... The seats were great, but I can't recall which one was it... I do recall that natural leather was part of it.