New Member - from 2010 Nissan GTR to 2015 Macan Diesel S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
safetycrew

Post by safetycrew »

To be honest - car history is 330d Sport, then 530d Sport then X5d Sport then 535d Sport then X5twind Sport and 335d Sport and the GTR - so really a diesel guy - however nothing will compare to GTR acceleration - I am past that now.....( 2 speeding tickets / driver awareness )

I enjoy the Porsche and Macan.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Assume you are aware the diesels were removed from the market some time ago due to all the ongoing issues and bad publicity. That would concern me enough not to want a diesel one.
skipper

Post by skipper »

MCDK wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:24 pm Why a diesel after such a high performance car as the GTR? sounds like a Petrol might have been a better option.
I upgraded to a Macan SD after parting with a Jaguar F type S. Not a big deal really, both nice cars to drive. But our roads are now hopeless for getting any fun out of a sports car. Back roads are full of pot-holes and Sunday drivers, A-roads are congested, and motorways have either Average Speed Cameras or roadworks. After two years of frustration it was time to part with the F-type and get an unassuming car with plenty of quality and enough power without refuelling every day.

Have I any regrets? I miss the totally gorgeous shape of the F-type not being in my driveway, and the great comments I used to get from total strangers, but that is all. I love driving my SD and can't wait to get on the road in it again. Even if it means I am in a traffic jam! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
skipper

Post by skipper »

MCDK wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:15 pm Assume you are aware the diesels were removed from the market some time ago due to all the ongoing issues and bad publicity. That would concern me enough not to want a diesel one.
I'm not worried at all. A lot of my driving is up and down the A1 so applying all the old logic, diesel makes sense for me. Also, I recently sold a diesel Audi Q3 and was surprised how little it has lost in value since I bought it new, in spite of what the naysayers think. The number of diesels sold this last year or so may have fallen, but I believe when it comes to SUVs diesel makes most sense. Granted, the Macan is not a typical SUV but there is enough DNA in its makeup to go along with the "diesel makes sense" theory.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.