Just ordered new 2019 Macan today

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:12 pm
Great spec, everything I would choose and more. I'm sure you're really going to enjoy it. What car did you have before the Macan?

Personally I would always go for the 6-cylinder engine, which I know isn't available yet on the .2 model.
Yep the 6 cylinders would be nice but as I also have a lovely Jaguar F-Type, this gives me more than enough performance and excitement.

I current drive a RR Evoque 2.0l diesel HSE Dynamic which was mapped by Veizu and hugely improved its performance so after 12 months I’ll be looking to get Simon White to map the Macan up from 245bhp to around 300bhp. I just know he will make a massive difference to the Macan as he does with every vehicle he has mapped for me.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

There was talk that the 3 litres will be available to order from Dec so it's only a week or the away. Depreciation will be less on a 3 litre and it may actually cost less to own as a heavily specced 2 litre will loose a fair bit of cash. You could easily drop a few options and put the money towards a 3 litre and end up better of.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Also why remap after 12 months. Your warranty is 3 years so if it's a warranty concern you need to wait 36 months and if you aren't worried about warranty then why not remap after you get a few thousand miles on it.
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

MCDK wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:33 pm Also why remap after 12 months. Your warranty is 3 years so if it's a warranty concern you need to wait 36 months and if you aren't worried about warranty then why not remap after you get a few thousand miles on it.
Veizu always advise you wait at least a year for the car to “settle” (don’t ask me why) and the map is generally unnoticeable anyway so hard to prove it invalidates any warranty unless you really know what to look for.

Yes would like the 3L but looking at residuals and current prices, the smaller engines don’t stack up too badly versus the 6 cylinder variants. I’ll have this version for 2-3 years and trade up if I feel the need.

Chris
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Hey Chris, enjoy your Macan and give us your initial impressions.

I have ordered, or rather put a deposit for a 3.0 S, but I am a little envious of you getting one much sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
RAA

Post by RAA »

I thought the 75 litre (16.5 gallon) fuel tank came as standard now (?)
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Congratulations, Chris, not long to wait now.

I do like those 20-inch Macan Turbo wheels in satin platinum. :-)
Car looking good.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

RAA wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 am I thought the 75 litre (16.5 gallon) fuel tank came as standard now (?)
Not according to the current spec. 75L is still an option.
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Great spec mate - congratulations! Very stealthy...
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
RAA

Post by RAA »

cheekyMacan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:18 am
RAA wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 am I thought the 75 litre (16.5 gallon) fuel tank came as standard now (?)
Not according to the current spec. 75L is still an option.
Perhaps it will be standard on the forthcoming new Macan S, for which I am currently in the 'queue'. (Told I should have it end of April 2019). Hope so !