Just ordered new 2019 Macan today

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Pivot wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:32 pm Ladies and gents, welcome to the XXI century automotive industry.

The most expensive part of the modern car is a 'platform' or more specifically a floor-pan. That is why it's shared with Audi Q5, VW, Skoda and Seat. Do we care? We should and I am happy that VAG spent millions on R&D and amortise the cost across the full range.

Engine is probably the second most expensive component and Audi makes good engines, but I suspect that it has Porsche parts on it, with its own fuel mapping, ignition timing, valve timing... and a plastic covers with a horse!

Porsche engineering team bolted to it many bespoke and some shared components. Eg. new SatNav (VAG swarm) system is much more effective then old one. The Swarm checks the traffic conditions of all VW, Audi , Skoda, Seat and Porsche's on the road and recommends the best route. Arguably, the Swarm is more valuable than bespoke Porsche navigation.

This is how premium cars become more affordable and more valuable.

We should accept that we are driving Porsche modified Audi Q5 and we are getting Porsche performance and styling, and Audi reliability at decent price. I am delighted with the outcome.
Yes platform/component sharing is the only way we, the consumer, can be offered real value for money! Although you mention Audi reliability.... hmmmm, historically JD power surveys have placed Audi very low! I prefer to think we get Porsche reliability!!

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Well, JD power is mostly consumer sentiment, often influenced by the dealer. I would prefer to see six-sigma reliability stats of each manufacturer, but these are not available to us.
We are getting Porsche eng'g, dipping into family bin of parts.
PASM is a good example, Audi chassis with Porsche ride and drive characteristics. I like the approach!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
vic49er

Post by vic49er »

Good evening All,
New member. Ordered 2019 spec Macan in October, now in Emden Port awaiting transport to the UK; planned arrival 14th Dec. - Nice Xmas present.
My other car is a Z3M Coupe
Current Macan S Gen 3. Collected 7th July 2023 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYKXJQ9
BMW Z3M Coupe (S50)
Previous: Macan 2L Gen 2
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Welcome to the club "vic49er". Spec please and get the camera ready.
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Welcome. You will be one of the first to take delivery of a facelift Macan so we will all want pics please.
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

Well I’m hoping to get mine around the 8th December - fingers and toes crossed 🤞
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

Given the fact the vehicle gets delivered in December (possibly some ice/ snow on the ground), I asked if all-weather or summer tyres would be fitted. The dealership advised that all the vehicles are fitted with summer tyres, is this correct?

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

cheekyMacan wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 pm Given the fact the vehicle gets delivered in December (possibly some ice/ snow on the ground), I asked if all-weather or summer tyres would be fitted. The dealership advised that all the vehicles are fitted with summer tyres, is this correct?

Chris
Yep. You used to be able to order your Macan with all season tyres. That option doesn’t appear now.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

It seems that if you want a genuine Porsche including the motor then you need to purchase a 911,Boxer or Cayman,the Macan seems to becoming more and more of a mix of VW/AUDI parts which imo devalues the model,ok it’s got a Porsche badge but to me when I’m spending £60k+ on a Porsche I want a Porsche not something in name only that just devalues the brand,I Remember when BMW and MERCS were prestigious now they’re 10 a penny and I’m concerned that Porsche could be heading the same way especially with the Macan,at one time a Porsche was a Porsche not a mix of different manufacturers parts.
SteveW
goron59

Post by goron59 »

steve w wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17 pm It seems that if you want a genuine Porsche including the motor then you need to purchase a 911,Boxer or Cayman,the Macan seems to becoming more and more of a mix of VW/AUDI parts which imo devalues the model,ok it’s got a Porsche badge but to me when I’m spending £60k+ on a Porsche I want a Porsche not something in name only that just devalues the brand,I Remember when BMW and MERCS were prestigious now they’re 10 a penny and I’m concerned that Porsche could be heading the same way especially with the Macan,at one time a Porsche was a Porsche not a mix of different manufacturers parts.
SteveW
Nah, a true Porsche would be a tank, or an amphibious vehicle, or a "People's Car."
The current 911 is still quite close the original Beatle, but some might say that it's deviated a fair bit from the original design :lol:

Or perhaps you're only thinking of the last decade or so?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR