Just ordered new 2019 Macan today

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Mutation is a key element of evolution! Also, standardisation and sharing of parts bin is great if you intend to keep it for many years... or preserve resell value.
In the previous century, before VAG rescued Porsche, every new model year would have many new part numbers and if you had to repair anything you had to get the exact one or it wouldn’t fit. It was a proper engineering lab with continuous innovation and tinkering. Now we have interoperability, within Teutonic reason and even better cars.
However, if you are purist then get 911, one day I will get one too [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

So after many phone calls and the dealership trying to track down my Macan, it has been confirmed that it will arrive next week (YIPPEE..!!!).

So after prep, PDI, paint protection application, etc. I'll post some pictures.

There is an official Macan launch evening on the 10th December @ Porsche Leicester.

Fingers crossed, all is well.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

steve w wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17 pm It seems that if you want a genuine Porsche including the motor then you need to purchase a 911,Boxer or Cayman,the Macan seems to becoming more and more of a mix of VW/AUDI parts which imo devalues the model,ok it’s got a Porsche badge but to me when I’m spending £60k+ on a Porsche I want a Porsche not something in name only that just devalues the brand,I Remember when BMW and MERCS were prestigious now they’re 10 a penny and I’m concerned that Porsche could be heading the same way especially with the Macan,at one time a Porsche was a Porsche not a mix of different manufacturers parts.
SteveW
Whilst I agree, go far enough back and the 356 had a derivative a VW Beetle engine so all air cooled 911 models have been evolution of this original ICE.

Brother used to work in the VW / Porsche dealership and used to collect and deliver the 356 cars all over the country as an earner on the side.

What goes aound comes around.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags