Just ordered new 2019 Macan today

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

75l tank is still an option. Difference is that they used to give it free but now its chargeable.

nozydog

Post by nozydog »

MCDK wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm There was talk that the 3 litres will be available to order from Dec so it's only a week or the away. Depreciation will be less on a 3 litre and it may actually cost less to own as a heavily specced 2 litre will loose a fair bit of cash. You could easily drop a few options and put the money towards a 3 litre and end up better of.
I keep hearing this but actually all research I've done (using various online valuation services) suggests the percentage held after 3 years is just as good for the 4 cylinder car (usually over 70-75% retained which is amazing, hence no discount at purchase) Obviously options make a huge difference tho, so I agree a lightly optioned S is definitely a better buy than a heavily specced 2L...

But yes, I'm waiting for the S to come up on the configurator (my dealer said December) as the outgoing S was a mere £2300 premium, a bargain to get a V6 over the 4 pot (and it's an all new engine apparently, developed by Porsche/Audi)
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

cheekyMacan wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:10 pm First Porsche for me. Special edition and should arrive December.

Can’t wait. Previous (current) vehicle was a RR Evoque.

The drive and handling sold the Macan to me. Just awesome. Loved it.

Just need to get some slimline plates made up now.

Chris
I'd be very surprised if it arrived before Christmas... but fingers crossed!! It's a very nice spec... In my book those are the perfect wheels... Are you paying full list price (inc all the options)? Or was there any sort of deal to be had?
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Forget the thought of getting a deal nozydog. Facelift Macans are not going to attract any discount as the previous models didn't either except perhaps for some diesel models earlier this years as they wanted to clear the decks of these.

if you want discount go buy a BMW or Mercedes where 20 to 25% is easily achievable by just turning up but then ask BMW drivers now what their residuals are like and it becomes very clear the no discount long waiting list method works for all, perhaps except for the used Porsche buyer.
steve w

Post by steve w »

Personally I’d wait until you can order a 3L S or better still the GTS Macan,I’m not a lover of the 2L models and they’re possibly the least desirable variant,imo it’ll take a bigger hit come PX time,the engine is a VW sourced motor which Porsche have done some modifications on,the 3L motors are a Porsche design,as for Macans realising 70/75% value after 3 years is wishful thinking,now that they’ve been for sale over 4 years come PX time the OPC won’t offer anything like that especially on a 2L,one of the forum members lost around 6k after owning a 2L for a month ,I’ve had SD and a GTS both lost more money than I expected and that was putting the speck of them to several OPCs,now I’m running a 911,it was 18 months old when I purchased it with 6k on the clock,this is a 120k 911 when delivered new including the 5k full PPF the first owner had put on so he took around a 30k hit after 18 months ,
Wait for a 3L or source a lovely second hand well specked GTS for the same money you’re paying for a new 2L you won’t be disappointed.
SteveW
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I'm more than happy with what I have ordered.

Why can't people just be happy that you have purchased a lovely Porsche regardless of the engine size?

Porsche for me is all about the drive not just the straight line speed. I have driven some of the most prestigious and fastest cars in the world and in the real world, speed is the last thing I worry about. My F-type is not the fastest car on the planet but it's awesome to drive.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

cheekyMacan wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm I'm more than happy with what I have ordered.

Why can't people just be happy that you have purchased a lovely Porsche regardless of the engine size?

Porsche for me is all about the drive not just the straight line speed. I have driven some of the most prestigious and fastest cars in the world and in the real world, speed is the last thing I worry about. My F-type is not the fastest car on the planet but it's awesome to drive.

Chris
👍
Sadly you’ll get no sympathy on here from many of the “old hands” unless you’ve got a minimum of a Turbo with big wheels, 18 way seats and all their own other “must haves” which they continually push to justify their own expenditure!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

cheekyMacan wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:23 pm I'm more than happy with what I have ordered.

Chris
Congrats on your order, Chris! :)

And welcome to our friendly forum.

I agree with your comments. I’m now on my 4th Porsche and with each one, I’ve gone for the one with the smallest engine. More than enough power and good value for money. ;)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

cheekyMacan wrote:I'm more than happy with what I have ordered.

Chris
Good Man! Enjoy every second of it. 245HP is plenty on the narrow and twisty roads of UK of GB.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Chris
You’ll love it Chris, I’m still thinking about a 2L Macan as it is plenty fast enough for an SUV and I can spend the extra £2.5k on some nice options! I may go for an S but as someone said above, 245hp is still far more power than even the most powerful engines in more run of the mill SUVs!! It’s basically a slightly modified Golf GTi engine and nothing at all wrong with that!!