New joiner with new order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
KGB

Post by KGB »

Hi all,
just joined the forum after recently ordering a 2.0 facelift Macan due for delivery January.

I have owned 3 Porsche cars before, 996, 997 (brand new) and a Cayenne S, the car I just sold was a 2015 Audi SQ5.
I have fancied a Macan for a while and decided to go and test drive the 2.0 with the thoughts it would never match the SQ5, and I would resign myself to keeping the Audi for many years to come. However I thought the 2.0 was excellent and for my 10,000 miles a year to the golf club and back more than adequate for my needs, it also sounded superb. I later found out this was due to the test car having PSE which I then had to spec on mine as it really sold the car for me.

I have gone for a simple spec of Volcano grey, 20" turbo wheels, PSE, privacy glass and I am more than happy with that at less than 52K. Roll on January.

cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

Great car - bet you can’t wait
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Do you know what other extras were on your test drive car?

Probably it had upgraded seats, PS+, PASM and larger wheels, and if you have not replicated what I guess was on the demo Macan then you should expect some differences in the ride quality and seat comfort.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
KGB

Post by KGB »

It was quite high spec with full leather, 20" wheels, pan roof etc. topped out over 60k.
Anyhow I am quite happy with my order, I am used to a hard ride after 2 SQ5's and lots of cars with low profiles/sporty suspensions.

If I like the car but feel it needs a little more power I can upgrade later.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

KGB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:21 pm Hi all,
just joined the forum after recently ordering a 2.0 facelift Macan due for delivery January.

I have owned 3 Porsche cars before, 996, 997 (brand new) and a Cayenne S, the car I just sold was a 2015 Audi SQ5.
I have fancied a Macan for a while and decided to go and test drive the 2.0 with the thoughts it would never match the SQ5, and I would resign myself to keeping the Audi for many years to come. However I thought the 2.0 was excellent and for my 10,000 miles a year to the golf club and back more than adequate for my needs, it also sounded superb. I later found out this was due to the test car having PSE which I then had to spec on mine as it really sold the car for me.

I have gone for a simple spec of Volcano grey, 20" turbo wheels, PSE, privacy glass and I am more than happy with that at less than 52K. Roll on January.
Which colour of the turbo wheels have you gone for ? I assume you are happy with the standard alcantara centred seats and not bothered about heated seats or heated steering wheel.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, KGB.

Many congrats on your Macan order!

You’ll love it! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I went the opposite way by test driving quite a basic model (which still drove great) so I’m hoping for great things when my new Macan arrives that has quite a few nice extras.
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

My car is due to hit the UK around the 8th December but then I guess prep, pdi and the application of the paint protection will take a good few days.

A nice early Christmas present.

Chris
KGB

Post by KGB »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 pm
KGB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:21 pm Hi all,

Which colour of the turbo wheels have you gone for ? I assume you are happy with the standard alcantara centred seats and not bothered about heated seats or heated steering wheel.
Black high gloss wheels, yes I am happy with the seats and not needed heating with half leather.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

KGB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:53 pm It was quite high spec with full leather, 20" wheels, pan roof etc. topped out over 60k.
Anyhow I am quite happy with my order,

I am used to a hard ride after 2 SQ5's and lots of cars with low profiles/sporty suspensions.

If I like the car but feel it needs a little more power I can upgrade later.
That is what I presumed, hence why I did not say that you had missed not specifying the single best extra to have on a Macan, namely PASM, it transforms the ride.

I would never buy a Macan without PASM, the ride is far to hard for my old back and the handling is compromised to much for my liking.

That said, if you are happy that is all that matters
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags