Macan Turbo in Calgary (Canada, eh?)

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SpdDmn

Post by SpdDmn »

Hey all!

I picked up my '15 Macan Turbo in early October, my first ever Porsche (and first ever automatic!). I've been loving it so far, always puts a smile on my face to drive it. I come from the Subaru world, so this is quite the step up in features and quality-wise. The Macan is intended to be my "winter beater" as I'm parking my highly modified Forester XT for the season.... I know, the irony :lol:

I searched for a few months for a used Turbo model, since the 3.6L has the best gains with the Cobb Accessport (which was one of my first purchases...). I got the "Stage 1 Power Package" which includes AMS air filters, and my shop's tuner (Airboy Tuning based out of VEX Performance) is working on its protune. At our altitude, the torque is the most noticeable gain, about +100 wtq.

Being Canadian, it's got front and rear heated seats, heated steering wheel, and I just swapped on a new set of 18" WedsSport SA10Rs on studded Hakkapeliitta 9's. I also spent a weekend doing some minor paint correction and ceramic coating it. Basically ready for anything now!

I'm slowly learning all the features and buttons, so I may have some questions down the road :)

Winters on just in time

Freshly ceramic coated

First weekend home (so dirty!)

Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Welcome. Love the camouflage colour (color). Should be great for all those trips to Banff and beyond!
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Nice. Looks good on winters too!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Congratulations! Looks great on 21"s and 19"s...

Is 100wtq the same as 100bhp? :O
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Midasman15

Post by Midasman15 »

Canada (eh) I see what you've done there Lol!
Car looks great I'm sure you will enjoy on your trips out to buy Poutine!! I used to love that stuff.
Midas
VG GTS gone, Grey GTS here but prefer the VG colour :(
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I like your winter wheels, they resemble the Porsche 20-inch Macan SportDesign wheels. Very nice! :-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Great choice, you need as many horses under your right foot as you can get in Calgary.

Calgary, interesting City, we stayed there a few days many years ago whilst on holiday after we had exhausted the Museums and the Mall we thought that we would escape the City.

We ended up renting a Dodge Durango which as a good choice as it gave us the protection we needed from all the Cowboys on the roads there, they drive or rather drove like maniacs.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags