Urban Configuration

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

For my sins I drive a lot in cities, mainly London so trying to spec a car that copes with what that urban environment chucks at me.
I did have one specification query and that is whether the new Macan is fitted with a variable speed limiter and if so whether it is passive like the BMW’s or active like Mercedes. E.g. does it just tell you that you are going too fast or actually do something about it?
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)

Paul

Post by Paul »

It used to be optional on phase 1 and yes, active; it will simply follow the car in front at your chisen distance, whatever speed it is doing with no input from the driver, up to the max speed you’ve chosen.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Standard Cruise control is a simple set speed and it will stick to it system.

The optional variable system is ACC and is a great feature, it does what Paul has described but additionally it includes PAS which so as long as ACC is switched on but not set PAS will monitor your surroundings and brake if you do not react fast enough to a danger.

The following distance is adjustable with the standard default being about a 3 second gap.

As for the rest of your spec if you are not going for larger wheels then just go for comfort and safety, if fitting larger wheel get PASM or Air and the ride quality will be vastly superior to standard shocks and springs.

Side airbags in rear are a great feature if you happen to carry young ones in the back.

But above all the single most useful extra and a must have in my book is the heated steering wheel, mine is sheer bliss on a cold day.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Innodrive would set the speed according to the limit if you so set it that way. It’s pretty good at picking up changes in signs. I.e temporary limits.
Sadly it was only offered in the Panamera and the new Cayenne but it seems it may have been a short lived thing as it is notable by its absence on the Macan and the new 992 configurator.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):