Mamba Green

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
DJM

Post by DJM »

Hi I am currently in the process of ordering my second Macan. My current Macan is in Black but I am tempted to order my new one in Mamba Green! Or should I play it safe and go for Volcano grey. I know choosing a colour is a personal thing but would appreciate any thoughts/views on how people view Mamba Green :?:

VanB

Post by VanB »

I really like it but would I order it? Probably not but then I am middle aged and conservative hence GT Silver in my 911 and not Lava Orange which I think suits the car to a tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I saw this one pre-customer collection the other day.

mamba green macan lx68xox.jpeg

I don't know whether it clashed with the tree behind it, or the blue one behind, but it just didn't look right in my eyes.

Then they put the covers on and it looked much better :lol: especially behind the GT2 RS!

mamba macan unde wraps behind gt2rs.jpeg

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I've said before, a Porsche looks great in any colour :oops: :oops:
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

In goron’s pic above, I like the Mamba Green on RS Spyders, but prefer the Miami Blue on 911 Turbos. :)

Some people would say I’m middle-aged, and I ordered my Porsche in bright yellow! :lol:

Life is too short. Order the colour that makes you smile! ;)

P.S. Welcome to our friendly forum, DJM!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Mamba green is very nice but I would not pick it on a Macan. I personally think it’s better suited to the 911.
Just like I love lava orange and yellow but would not have them on a Macan but on a 911 look fantastic.

All personal choice but I would go with what you prefer and you will enjoy. Again if you can ignore any possible loses come part ex time then go with what you like.
Just enjoy it yourself 100% then who cares if you may lose a bit in the future. I have never picked a car and options for resale value.
GTS 😀
andreas

Post by andreas »

I think Mamba Green is hideous on a Macan, although it might make it easier to find in a car park. Choose whatever colour you like, but bear in mind that some colours might reduce resale value.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I think it looks good although might look different in the flesh. As above, it might limit the pool of people who will buy it second hand.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

That red 911 does look fantastic though! But that doesn’t help you
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I like M-Green and I have seriously considered it for myself, but having seen it in metal and rubber, I concluded that it will do well in developing markets, where vibrant colours are very popular.
However, in Eurp it might be a seasonal attraction, which will fade away and become a liability in the second-hand market.
So, back to Silver.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4