Hello Porsche fans!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Posted last September after being loaned a base 2.0litre
Today was service day for my Turbo and I ended up in a base 2.0 for the day.

Its been a while since I have driven one of these but I thought that I would have an open mind about it.

Exterior it was met black with PASM, xenons and 21” Classics, interior was full leather with 14 way seats and ACC.

The leather quality was not as good as that in my Turbo but perfectly acceptable if compared to other marques.

Off I went, a bit of a crawl out of Kendal heading north towards Windermere. Arround town the engine felt a bit lethergic with a long push of the throttle being required to get the car moving. Switching into Sport mode gave a much better throttle response.

On to a section if national speed limit road and the throttle was floored, acceleration can best be described as brisk right up to 70mph. The ride quality was noticably harsher on the 21” classics when compared to the air and 20” spyders on my Turbo.

Tootling along in traffic the base was perfectly adequate and on a steep incline up from Grasmere towards Thirlmere it accelerated pretty good to get past a few OAPs tootling along in their own world.

Back road into Keswick for a walkabout then back via a mixed set of roads to Kendal and by this time I was quite used to the 254 bhp available underfoot.

I actually enjoyed tootling around in the base Macan, traffic conditions were such that it did not matter much what was available under the right foot except for two sections of open road, I did have to forgo a couple of overtaking opportunities due to lack of power but hey ho it did not really matter as I probably not have attemped the overtake if I was in the Turbo.

Now back home I still think that the 2.0 is underpowered but as a second car or one where quality and image is paramount then it is a very viable option.

Will I change my stance on the 2.0, no, I still think that an S or GTS is still a better option, the 2.0 today averaged only 27 mpg according to the MFD.

You pays your money and makes your choice.
So there you are my take from four months ago.

For what it is worth I would expect that the actual fuel consumption in city driving would be low to mid 20s
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I’ve had my 2019 model 2.0L Macan for 2 weeks now.

Absolutely love it. Quality vehicle all round. So much better to drive than my old RR Evoque and flipping between sport/ sport-plus definitely gives me a huge grin and a real buzz. Yes my F-type is quicker (as are the bigger engine Macans) but do I enjoy driving the Macan? hell yes..!!! It’s awesome 👏

Anyone that has one of these great cars should be proud. I certainly am.

Chris
Last edited by cheekyMacan on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
VanB

Post by VanB »

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
robbie

Post by robbie »

Hi Sal, Re just need to sort out the spec - here's another newbie who has just taken delivery of a 'stock' 2.0 Macan II from my local OPC, this is my first Porsche as a change from driving C Class Mercs or Audi A4's in the past. I would normally spec my own car and then wait for a build slot/factory order/lead-time etc... but this time I've let Porsche spec it for me! (There are just toooo many options on their list and once you retire making decisions does get that bit harder!!), it certainly made the whole process so much quicker, only decided a week before Xmas, sold the Merc to my neighbour and took delivery on 28th Dec.
Anyway they called this the Porsche Macan 'Classic' pack which added just over £8k to the base cost, most of these options I would have gone for anyway but at least this spec has been put together by Porsche, who probably know more about these cars (and what sells) than we will ever do so hope it helps you.
Sapphire Blue Met
Black leather package with leather seats
14 way electric seats (front) with memory package
Heated front seats
Panoramic sun roof, Privacy Glass, Roof rails in Aluminium, painted black
PASM
75 litre fuel tank
Power steering Plus
19" Macan turbo wheels
18" collapsible spare wheel
Auto dimming mirrors
Park assist (front and rear) including a reversing camera
Heated windscreen
Comfort lighting pack
Personally I find there is enough 'umph' with the 2.0L and when I fill her up with Premium Plus unleaded next time (See my other post) then I'm sure I will be more than happy with the performance! I have a knackered lower spine and need maximum comfort for sitting, certainly finding the 19" wheels/PASM are working for me.
Anyway best of luck
Robbie
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018