+2 [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Great perspective ^^^ from a man that had 3.0 GTS and downsized to 2.0L

M, unfortunately this is a religious discussion, with high priests arguing their cases.

I would like flat-6-boxer motor - for that I would have to buy 911 [emoji41]
Some people have to have V6 3.0L motor and are dismissive of In-Line 4-cyl 2.0L... both are VW/Audi engines anyway but with diff characteristics.

Take a drive in 2.0 and check if it has a grin factor! That is all that matters. The grin factor will be dependent on what you currently drive [emoji3]

Please give us your final assessment!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
adrian991

Post by adrian991 »

I spent a very long time deciding if I should order a new 3L S for delivery in April, keep my GTS for another three years or take one of the new 2L cars that was available last month. I borrowed a gen 1 Macan 2L over a long weekend covering over 360 miles and decided it fitted my needs better than either keeping my GTS or waiting for the S, in fact the latter was pointless as I would in reality have gained very little apart from the new screen. Now I have a sporting SUV that works better for short journeys as well as being a good drive on the occasional longer trips and 450 miles on its 75L tank without having to drive with a very light right foot is achievable.

There is no doubt that the 3L engine gives the better straight line acceleration so when it comes to overtaking those members of the “single speed 40 mph club” the 2L requires a bit more available road beyond but on the motorway or A and B roads at legal speeds in my opinion there really is no disadvantage in the drive. You do have to work the 2L a bit more if you want to push on but because of that lighter weight it feels just right.

As I said we all have our opinions and what suits my changed requirements for my Macan may not be suitable for another driver but for me it still delivers plenty of grin factor😀😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^+1

At last, a balanced and thought through response giving objective, first-hand opinions👍

(Not, “the 2.0 is crap and it’s not a Porsche anyway”)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:56 am ^^+1

At last, a balanced and thought through response giving objective, first-hand opinions👍

(Not, “the 2.0 is crap and it’s not a Porsche anyway”)
+1. Nice to hear from you, Adrian. Hope you're keeping well.

Cheers,

Simon
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I would consider PASM and 20" for sure plus heated steering wheel which I don't have and miss enormously. The ride on PASM equipped cars is night and day better and you get sport and sport + setting which is naughty. Just shows people have different tastes as Black wheels are not for me. they always look mucky like the black sports tailpipes that I do have. They come up a treat using WD40 and an old towel.
Enjoy it when it arrives.

I still wonder if the engine from the Diesel Audi Q5 would fit in the Macan as that has some oooomph.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Adrian, thanks so much for your post, it's so nice to hear positives about the 2L. I truly believe that the 3L would just be an expense that I wouldn't fully benefit from as my journeys are short, 5 mile commute each way to work and longer A road travel at the weekends. I have also read good reports on the 2L, so am happy enough with that choice.

Just need to sort out the spec :)

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pivot wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:47 am Some people have to have V6 3.0L motor and are dismissive of In-Line 4-cyl 2.0L... both are VW/Audi engines anyway but with diff characteristics.
The 3.0l V6 petrol engine is unique to the Macan and is built, like all the Porsche petrol V6 and flat6 engines, at Zuffenhausen.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Speed CAD

Post by Speed CAD »

MrsMacan wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:46 pm Adrian, thanks so much for your post, it's so nice to hear positives about the 2L. I truly believe that the 3L would just be an expense that I wouldn't fully benefit from as my journeys are short, 5 mile commute each way to work and longer A road travel at the weekends. I have also read good reports on the 2L, so am happy enough with that choice.

Just need to sort out the spec :)

Sal
Hi Sal, and welcome. I’m a newbie also to the forum. I joined a day or so after picking up my Macan II. My spec looks very similar to what you are selecting. Have a look at the pics of mine in the introduction forum. I agree about the silver wheels and also the sports tailpipe that others have mentioned. I’m going to get the tailpipe retro fitted to mine and I’ve also looked at wheel upgrades ( might keep the 19”s for winter use). Depending on the sort of drive you like, I always recommend PASM, just stiffens the car up a bit when in sport mode, but not to the point where it crashes over potholes like my last daily drive ( Tiguan R line)
Current Cars:-

Porsche Macan II, Collected Dec 24th 2018
Porsche 997.2 GT3 Factory Collected June 2010

Previous Cars:-

Porsche 997.2 Carrera S
Porsche Cayenne S
Porsche Boxster S
Porsche 968 Sport
Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2
Porsche 944 2.7 Lux