Hello Porsche fans!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
VanB

Post by VanB »

Welcome, Sal and congratulations on your impending entry to Porsche ownership. I believe the new Macan comes with LED lights as standard now and these are a revelation.

If most of your driving is city driving I would certainly be tempted to stick with 19" wheels and not bother with PASM. PS Plus is a software option and can be added afterwards if you find the steering too heavy. Personally, I never thought it was needed as could easily turn the steering with one finger even at parking speeds. The interior light design package is not terribly expensive but makes the cabin much nicer in the dark.

There really are no generic must have options but there is plenty of good advice on here and you should spec the car for you and your intended use. Col's advice about driving something close to your intended spec at the PEC before lockdown is very sound and will let you experience options in real world. aggressive driving. The instructors are also a mine of information and will give you very good advice.

Good luck keeping a level head whilst configuring your new toy!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Welcome to the forum, Sal!
What a nice story, you are a very patient lady! 8-)

I am also a lady (not as patient though) and do not have a POWER STEERING PLUS (PS+) on my Macan and it's absolutely fine, never thought I needed extra help turning the wheel when parking / manoeuvring. ;)
19" wheels will have tyres with higher side wall and so will help to protect your rims more, that's one advantage over 20" wheels.
I would have the 19" wheels painted in satin platinum or lighter grey as WingCo mentioned since your car will be themed in dark shades. ;)

I would just perhaps add PRIVACY GLASS for £333. It does hide from view things put on the back seats / floor or when you take the parcel shelf out, it blocks the view of the boot contents.

Check out the list of Standard Features in the configuration (top left hand corner) to establish what comes as standard equipment.

You must be very excited, I know that I would be! :)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Mrs Penguin

Post by Mrs Penguin »

Hello Mrs Macan.....re the PS+......I don’t have this on my Macan either and manage absolutely fine (and that’s on 21” sport classics too). Maybe I have bigger biceps then some on here...??? 😉.

PS I am a lady too btw 😂
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Mrs Penguin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm Hello Mrs Macan.....re the PS+......I don’t have this on my Macan either and manage absolutely fine (and that’s on 21” sport classics too). Maybe I have bigger biceps then some on here...??? 😉.

PS I am a lady too btw 😂
:lol: :lol:

Liking your forum names, ladies. ;)
Our stable:
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Noting Semerka’s suggestion of adding privacy glass, I’ve never really understood this current fashion. It makes a dark car look like a van and anyway, why do we need this privacy all of a sudden? Security advice has always been not to leave anything on sight in the car, and cars are much less broken into nowadays regardless of what can or can’t be seen inside.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:10 pm Noting Semerka’s suggestion of adding privacy glass, I’ve never really understood this current fashion. It makes a dark car look like a van and anyway, why do we need this privacy all of a sudden? Security advice has always been not to leave anything on sight in the car, and cars are much less broken into nowadays regardless of what can or can’t be seen inside.
+1. I have never had privacy glass. Makes a car look unbalanced in my opinion.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
VanB

Post by VanB »

It's nice to know we have some ladies with muscles too. Respect!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Re PS Plus 😳 Note to self, must try harder 💪 😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Well, I do find the privacy glass practical, even if it’s not aesthetically pleasing. I often take the parcel shelf out when the dog is in the boot and without that and the privacy glass it’s hard to hide stuff once you park up and go places.
It also gives the dog some shade. 🤓
Our stable:
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

VanB wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:24 pm It's nice to know we have some ladies with muscles too. Respect!
😆💪🏼
Our stable: