My first Porsche

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
goron59

Post by goron59 »

LED autodip is handy, but every so slightly tardy, so you'll often get irate people coming the other way as it sometimes takes half a second to react.
I rarely drive at night, and rarely out in the sticks, so it's a bit more obvious to me when I am out and about.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Loving your build slysheep very similar to mine

Build code PKSLI171, please feel free all to comment, as no doubt u will,

Spec bit ott but a few must haves, and even more my indulgence !!!

Now go for it.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Everyone has different priorities and choices, which is great and lets us see the Macan in all its different guises. It would be boring if we all drove the same car with the same colour and options.

For me, air suspension is non negotiable as the ride comfort is so good. My car was pre-selected by the dealer (hence why I had to wait only a few short weeks for its delivery) and came with 21 inch wheels. They do take some cleaning but look great when done. I do have to be careful when parking next to high kerbs but that is where the surround view is so good - I have it linked to the steering wheel button so that I can switch it on whenever I want and without having to select Reverse.

I have the dynamic lighting and as has been said before, once you have had it you won't go back. The auto dip just takes a little while to get used to.

Whatever you choose, enjoy it and drive the car whenever you can, even if just for the 'fun factor'.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Just as a quick question, has anyone seen 20" Macan turbo wheels in real life jet black finish,
and there thoughts, especially with air suspension,
all input welcome .
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

VanB wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm
Tim92gts wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:59 pm As others have said, biggest wheels possible for off road or potholes.
That seems to be against general consensus unless you mean biggest sidewalls?
Sorry, i didn't phrase that well!

Highest sidewalls certainly.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
slysheep

Post by slysheep »

More great advice....

To be truthful, the lure of the 21" Sport Classics are proving very hard to resist. Sometimes, no matter how much advice you give someone, they ain't gonna listen! :lol: I'll take the air suspension to at least help and just drive like Miss Daisy up the track.

All this advice has been very helpful in the I decided to give up on:
- Auto dimming mirrors
- Parking pack with surround - now with just the reversing camera
- ACC

Think I'm down to Black or Volcano Grey (though I may get the impulsive urge to order Crayon). Does anyone have any opinions on Black and Jet Black Metallic? The cost of the metallic paint doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes black just looks better as a solid colour.
My teachers always said I would amount to nothing.
...Thus far I've been unable to prove them wrong.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

BD653A2E-84E5-4958-9112-CC0DC565F8FE.jpeg

Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

slysheep wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm More great advice....

To be truthful, the lure of the 21" Sport Classics are proving very hard to resist. Sometimes, no matter how much advice you give someone, they ain't gonna listen! :lol: I'll take the air suspension to at least help and just drive like Miss Daisy up the track.

All this advice has been very helpful in the I decided to give up on:
- Auto dimming mirrors
- Parking pack with surround - now with just the reversing camera
- ACC

Think I'm down to Black or Volcano Grey (though I may get the impulsive urge to order Crayon). Does anyone have any opinions on Black and Jet Black Metallic? The cost of the metallic paint doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes black just looks better as a solid colour.
SurroundCam is vastly superior to plain RevCam, I have had both and would only have SurroundCam in any car from now on. It depends upon your car usage but if you have to park in tight spaces or simply to parallel park then being able to see the sides of the car is very useful in protecting the rims and bodywork.

ACC is used by myself frequently, its ability to keep the set distance from the car in front irrespective of speed makes for a much more relaxed cruise. With PAS being included and active whenever ACC is active (but not necessarily set) then you have a very worthwhile additional safety feature.

If you do not travel on a Mway frequently then ACC is a questionable luxury but given variable speed limits and even town and city use of average speed cameras then even setting ACC in an urban environment can be very useful.

Regarding colour, two Jet Black Macans under my belt I love the look, VG is similar in it is very dark but both are high maintenance in that they will show dirt and grunge almost as soon as you drive off after a clean so please be prepared. BTW view a Jet Black and Solid Black side by side and the Jet will look much, much better. It will seem that it has a higher shine compared to the Solid Black. Dolomite Silver and Saphire Blue still look good when very dirty, conversely I used to see a Carmine Red GTS and when that particular car was dirty it looked far, far worst than my dirty Jet Black Turbo. Do note that all except the Classic of the larger wheels available have narrow gaps and are a pain to clean, I have Spyders and each wheel can easily take 15 minutes to clean and dry so the whole car clean process is not a quick one.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

slysheep wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm Think I'm down to Black or Volcano Grey (though I may get the impulsive urge to order Crayon). Does anyone have any opinions on Black and Jet Black Metallic? The cost of the metallic paint doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes black just looks better as a solid colour.
It's all personal opinions, but I'd go Volcano Grey, rather than black. Tom's above looks awesome with the 21" Sport Classics in gloss black finish. 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

I agree with the surround cams - absolutely brilliant. Same with the heated steering wheel - yummy. The LED lights swivel in the corners too, same as the PDSL+.
Macan S D
718 S