I expected better - any similar poor experiences with Porsche?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ec1jones

Post by ec1jones »

I took delivery of my new 2019 Macan on 14 December from Porsche Mayfair. At the time of handover the car came up with various faults and warnings on the display - ACC and something else, but they all reset once engine was restarted by the sales person.

With 202 miles on the clock another fault came up on the motorway - "Engine control fault - consult dealer - driving permitted", which I did.

IMG_5107.JPG

Porsche Mayfair came and took the car off me on 17 December [said they took it to Porsche East London] and left me with another pretty much brand new Macan demonstrator, albeit with a full spec of all the optional extras.

23 days later I am none the wiser as to what is actually wrong with my [brand new] car and when it will be fixed! They say they need a part, but are vague about what and when it will be done. How long do Porsche parts usually take to come - they say it's because it's a new model that parts are taking longer?

Porsche Mayfair communication is lamentable - I only get the vaguest of updates when I ask for them. I finally contacted Porsche UK yesterday - who made all the right noises, but not a peep from them again today with what's actually going on. I've got to the point of saying either swap my car for the demonstrator I've had for nearly a month ... or clarify what the problem is with my car, fix it [once and for all] and return it to me within a reasonable/agreed timeframe - not this seemingly open-ended approach.

This is my first Porsche and I'm concerned I've bought a 'lemon' - it's all a bit disappointing to say the least - has anyone else had such a poor experience?!
Last edited by ec1jones on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Sounds pretty unusual as most owners here report very reliable cars and no issues. Had mine over 2 years with not a single issue.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Formally reject the car in writing as not being of merchantable quality and ask for a full refund immediately.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I suspect your car has been taken to Porsche West London as opposed to East London as West London is the service centre for Mayfair and they are both manufacturer owned. East London is a Jardine Motors business.

I’d be inclined to contact the service centre direct for an update. All the same, poor service. I bought my Macan from Mayfair and always found them very good, but it’s probably sales exec dependent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Mayfair service, for me, was amazing. They couldn't do any more than they did when I swapped out of my SD for the S. Your service center should really be the one closest to you. For Mayfair it's usually West London, your's may be different, I don't know.

But if it's West London, ask for Ben on the service team. He's great and will do all that is possible to explain things.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dealerships vary in their quality from poor to excellent (different franchises, people etc), but my personal experience of Porsche UK head office is extremely poor. My local dealership is pretty average overall, not amazing but usually end up sorting things out.
ec1jones

Post by ec1jones »

... well it’s at Porsche East London I found out.

Needs a replacment part in the dash that is not available - but they don’t say what part or what the issue is. Nor apparently can they say when the part will be available
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Not great customer service that they refuse to admit what's wrong with your car. :roll:

Just as well they've given you a well-specced loaner to use in the meantime, but far from satisfactory.

Have you asked to speak to the Dealership Principal?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

These things happen.

If you intend to accept the car back then rack up the miles in the loaner.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Not a great first experience with Porsche...

BUT...

They've given you a highly spec'd equivalent vehicle which I assume is running fine? Enjoy it until your is returned and consider the miles you are not running up on your own vehicle.

OR...

Follow the advice given above and reject the vehicle.

Aside from the poor communications, I would be happy with being given a (possibly better) alternative while they figure out the fix.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+