I expected better - any similar poor experiences with Porsche?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
pmg

Post by pmg »

ec1jones wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am Update ... I did most of above (thanks for all your advice) - dealer, head office etc. But also consulted a lawyer.

After 4 weeks off road, it turns out Porsche could not fix my car as the parts do not yet exist and they have no timeframe for when they will be added to their inventory, manufactured and available. Required a ‘minor component’ to fix but it’s failure was considered ‘major’ issue. So it was just an unroadworthy car with no time table for how long it would be off road.

Glad you have a satisfactory outcome that is in the long term to your advantage.

I do find the non-part availability surprising. Surely they have units at the factory going into current production and one of these could be sent by courier to the UK. Or is Porsche just in time production so tight a part/unit could not be spared.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Perhaps Porsche are concentrating on getting there sales back up in 2019 and getting maximum number of new ones out to market here, following these results in 2018:

Porsche: -11.49% in UK sales
Ongoing problems with diesel, which eventually led the German firm axing the fuel from its range, led to Porsche slip up in 2018. But with the diesel concern now resolved, and replaced with a growing number of plug-in hybrid powertrains, plus all-new 911 about to land in showrooms 2019 is shaping up to be a bumper year for Porsche.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am Perhaps Porsche are concentrating on getting there sales back up in 2019 and getting maximum number of new ones out to market here, following these results in 2018:

Porsche: -11.49% in UK sales
Ongoing problems with diesel, which eventually led the German firm axing the fuel from its range, led to Porsche slip up in 2018. But with the diesel concern now resolved, and replaced with a growing number of plug-in hybrid powertrains, plus all-new 911 about to land in showrooms 2019 is shaping up to be a bumper year for Porsche.
As The Macan is major part of UK Porsche sales, the non-ability to order a Macan from May to late October with the introduction of facelift could have been totally responsible for that 11.5% fall.
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

ec1jones wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am After 4 weeks off road, it turns out Porsche could not fix my car as the parts do not yet exist and they have no timeframe for when they will be added to their inventory, manufactured and available. Required a ‘minor component’ to fix but it’s failure was considered ‘major’ issue. So it was just an unroadworthy car with no time table for how long it would be off road
Glad you finally got satisfaction but the above is a totally unacceptable scenario! This car has been in manufacture for six months now and for there to be no replacement part available and no timeframe as to when it will be is a dire service from one of the worlds leading premium sports car manufacturers!!!
Paul

Post by Paul »

nozydog wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 pm
ec1jones wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am After 4 weeks off road, it turns out Porsche could not fix my car as the parts do not yet exist and they have no timeframe for when they will be added to their inventory, manufactured and available. Required a ‘minor component’ to fix but it’s failure was considered ‘major’ issue. So it was just an unroadworthy car with no time table for how long it would be off road
Glad you finally got satisfaction but the above is a totally unacceptable scenario! This car has been in manufacture for six months now and for there to be no replacement part available and no timeframe as to when it will be is a dire service from one of the worlds leading premium sports car manufacturers!!!
....which is why the OP was given a brand new replacement car of a better spec. Nothing dire about that service😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

Paul wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm
....which is why the OP was given a brand new replacement car of a better spec. Nothing dire about that service😉
The more I think about this, as there are so many high spec unsold facelift Macan 2.0ls at UK OPCs, is this a very generous gesture. in the current market? OPC may find it easier to sell a mid-spec car on S/H market
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Probably the lack of parts was just an excuse to satisfy Porsche GB’s bean counters and allow them to justify the actions.

Great outcome for the Op.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

pmg wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:08 pm
Paul wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm

The more I think about this, as there are so many high spec unsold facelift Macan 2.0ls at UK OPCs, is this a very generous gesture. in the current market? OPC may find it easier to sell a mid-spec car on S/H market
It's quite simply the right gesture 🤔
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

ec1jones wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am Porsche Mayfair/Porsche given me a brand new car - slightly higher spec so as to avoid waiting to June for manufacture - which is good, as a goodwill gesture. Will be delivered to me next week I’m told.
Excellent . . . . . . and nothing less than you (and all of us) should expect
petelong53

Post by petelong53 »

We bought a Macan, ex demonstrator, with a fairly decent spec about 3 months ago and it's done about 11,000 miles now. Last Friday my wife went to start it and although the engine started, the car was stuck in Park and wouldn't move. Fortunately the car was on our drive! There was an error message on the dash, but everything else was blank. After contacting Porsche Assistance and having a loan car delivered, the Macan was recovered to the dealership (Porsche Silverstone) by the AA. The car was drive-able, but nothing on the dash worked, speedo, rev counter both dead. They seem to think that the instrument cluster has failed totally, and are now waiting for parts from Germany.

Has anybody else suffered this type of failure? We expected better!

Macan Instrument failure.jpeg