relatively new member with New Macan S order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
pmg

Post by pmg »

I joined the forum last spring when I decided that for my next car in spring this year after 5 BMW's over 28 years, their range could no longer meet my requirements and a Macan best did that. Can I thank everyone for the help the forum has given me over the last year. Reasons X3 and forthcoming G20 3 series touring at mirror width leaves minimal 4 cms width margin for my garage (Macan is about 4cms better at 8 cms) and Macan on air suspension far better ride. I do actually much prefer Macan looks and build quality

The new announced Macan was on my provisional list back in 2014 but on principle, I am not prepared to order a car without a test drive and by the time the first cars arrived in the UK , the waiting list was well beyond the period I wished for my purchase.

Intending to replace this spring, in late April 2018, I visited 3 Southern OPC's asking what was the situation re ordering a Macan for spring 2019 delivery. I was initially going for S but then decided for my Spec GTS if available was maybe the best choice. this was just about the time orders for Macan "1" ceased as production was ending.

I then decided to consider year old S/GTS's but could not find one with essentials of my spec which were Air Sus, max 20 wheels, lane change assist, 18-way seats, surround view and not black or white exterior paint.

To confirm the Macan was the right choice, I did test drive last June at local OPC a 2015 Macan S with air, 20 in wheels and 42K on the clock. they wanted from memory about £52K for it. the drive confirmed A Macan withAir Sus was what I wanted and told OPC to contact me when orders were possible. that OPC would not take deposits for Macan last summer so I paid a deposit to the next nearest which would.

I missed a S/h GTS to my spec plus by a day from a non OPC dealer in the North west.

1st OPC approached me when Macan 2.0 facelift was orderable in October. I test drove an existing 2.0 lit this just confirmed a V6 was worth waiting for.

In November I found an 18-month-old GTS to my minimum spec plus more 15k mileage but 21 wheels but my then 2nd GTS prices were quite high (about2k below the new car had cost and £1k less than my own spec new S) and I decided with the better PCM of the facelift anew S for the same money when available was a better buy.

As soon as the New S was configurable, I sent my spec to the two nearby OPC's. the 2nd with whom I had the deposit came back first and I confirmed my order. The SEC at the 1st unfortunately for him was on holiday after attending a SEC's awayday offroading the 2.0 facelift.

Yesterday 2nd OPC confirmed Porsche accepted order with April delivery due and I have topped up the deposit to 10%.

Porsche Code is PKW8WKI8

Some will say should have done Sunroof rather than SC but I think sunroof adds high weight and starts near the back of drivers head. I prefer A/c anyway and back seat of the car used about once a year so back seat light not important.

Not prepared to wait for new GTS , Suspect I will prefer lower down power of S anyway but would have liked 10 cm lower ride height of GTS

Again many thanks for help gained from the forum
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

happy days

Post by happy days »

Some things to consider; heated steering wheel; coloured wheel caps. All relatively inexpensive, but worthwhile.
Macan S D
718 S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Mmm, toasty!

IMG_1106.jpg

Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good grief that will be one highly specced Macan.

Except...... the hint Nick gave re heated steering wheel is certainly a box to tick, I use mine far, far more than my heated seats.

LEDs are superb.

SurCam I find very handly for parallel parking.

My Air and 20” gives a great ride.

I also have partial garnet which I love but if you have not seen a Macan with partial do check one out as there is a materials mis match that some may find off putting if they are a sufferer of OCD,

PTV is questionable unless you drive like a hooligan, and SC is in my Turbo but rarely used allthough the clock in the top dash does break upnthe expanse if black.

See the first spec line of my signature which are my essentials in any Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

I included PTV as I drive on a lot of muddy country roads and tracks where it has some low
speed gains as with ice and snow.

As retired, the prime use of the car is for UK holidays in all seasons

I prefer old fashioned thin leather driving gloves to heated wheels.

yes I have seen partial garnett.

I included SC for the steering wheel control as well as Clock etc. I do not expect to use Sport + much if at all but in existing BMWs regularly switch between comfort and sport. I admit SC was my most marginal inclusion

I had seen your spec and know where and why I differed
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Also do read up on prior posts on Silverstone PEC where you will get an invite to attend a freebie day there driving an S around the circuits and on the skid pan and ice hill, two meals included.

Speak nicely to your Instructor and if available you could also get to drive a rather nice sports model.

You get the invite a few weeks after placing your deposit.

Taking of deposit its £3k and some OPCs want a top up to 10% when locking down spec. I have not paid any top up, nor would I, I would buy elsewhere. BTW deposit is refundable in full up to spec lockdown,
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

Thanks for the info Col..

Sounds like I should have already received an invite to Silverstone but nothing has been mentioned to me at all.

My deposit put in March, spec locked down in Dec.

Guess I should bring up with the dealer..

I assume this is definitely included via all dealers?

Thx
John
2019 Macan S, Volcano Grey
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ yes
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

JJW023 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm Thanks for the info Col..

Sounds like I should have already received an invite to Silverstone but nothing has been mentioned to me at all.

My deposit put in March, spec locked down in Dec.

Guess I should bring up with the dealer..

I assume this is definitely included via all dealers?

Thx
John
Ring Silverstone OPC directly, they usually send out an invite via email c6 weeks after they are aware of your order, tel:01327855911.

Your email probably went to your junk or Admin at your OPC transcribed it in error when they entered the order details.
Col
Macan Turbo
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

PMG. very impressive spec, have you seen the20" wheels in real life, if so is there much difference between metallic and non metallic.
porsche code PKSLI171