Mac 2 on order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Hi all,

Been lurking around these pages since I got my Macan SD back in 2015 and decided, as I’ve just ordered Macan 2 it was time to officially join the clan.
I took retirement back in 2015 and the SD (my first Porsche) was my gift to me and I have absolutely loved it.
The time was right to think about replacing the SD and after test driving a Cayenne, although a great car, I decided the Macan was more suitable for my needs so a new S is now on order. I have had a deposit down since July so once committed was able to attain a Feb build date with a March delivery.
I like quite a few of the options so even though some may find it over specced it’s ideal for me. This time I’ve plumped for the agate/pebble interior as I wanted a change from black, no kids or dogs so should be able to look after it.
Can’t wait to get the new model and enjoy the extra 100bhp that comes with the petrol engine.
The Porsche specification is PKEJLPB7.
Macan SD Sapphire Blue sold April 19
Macan S Night Blue collected May 19

andreas

Post by andreas »

Nice spec! You'll love the Agate/Pebble interior, it adds a real sense of occasion to getting in to the car. After just over a year's use, mine has no marks on it, but I use Dr Leather wipes every few weeks to get the slight blue marks from jeans off the seat bolsters. Talking of seats, why didn't you go for the 18-way option? They really hug you.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great spec.. I agree about the Agate/Pebble interior, it still feels very special to me. Still no marks on mine either although I am fairly careful :D :D
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nice spec, agate and pebble is great done 29k miles in mine now, just have to keep on top of it specifically the drivers seat with a regular clean with leather wipes. For mine I also chose pebble seat belts and agate leather door and dash trim a bit more cost but looks really good 😊
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Thanks for the reassurance on the interior colour, feel a bit more relaxed now😉 I went for agate seat belts.

I tried the 18 way seats in one of the demonstrators but didn’t find them as comfortable as the 14 way.....also my wife is so slim she didn’t even feel the bolsters closing in on her and was adamant they weren’t moving!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I also have the 14 way, just found the 18 way to uncomfortable getting in/out. Great for a lower vehicle but a pain on SUV's
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 pm Great spec.. I agree about the Agate/Pebble interior, it still feels very special to me. Still no marks on mine either although I am fairly careful :D :D
I have also spec'd the agate/pebble interior and was leaning towards the blue until the boss imposed her will and it's now a very unadventurous silver
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Well my Feb build & delivery March date due “to delays” has now been confirmed as:

Enter production 22/03
Exit Leipzig 05/04
Enter Grimsby 19/04

No mention from OPC re potential tariffs.
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Same here...
My Feb build/Delivery March, is now 05/04 complete production, expected arrival at dealer late April (OPC opinion),although the Porsche schedule says 10/05.
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Hi David,
Did OPC mention anything re tariffs to you....I’ve seen that several people on the forum have been asked to sign waivers accepting any increases?