My New Macan SD

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Hi folks, first signed up to the TT Forum in 2001 after getting a mk1 Negaro Blue 225 TT, followed by a mk1 V6 TT & finally bowing out with a mk2 TT roadster. My wife now drives a mk3 TT roadster which was a blast last summer - roof down scooting around Northern Ireland where we have made our home.

So fair to say I’m fond of the TT and Audi as a brand. Was eyeing a Q5 or potentially an SQ5 when I saw a 3 yr old Porsche Macan S Diesel at Belfast Porsche Centre and thought I’d take it for a spin. Well, I was completely smitten! My wife loved it too and I picked her up last Friday :D

Great spec with 21” alloys, Air Suspension, pano roof, 4x heated seats and a bunch of other desirable extras. Have to say Belfast Porsche were brilliant in particular Matt in sales.

Now wondering when we can afford to chop the TT in for a 718 Boxster :lol:

So this is my first foray into a car forum for quite a while and realised my user name sounds like an 80’s soft metal band :P

Here’s a pic of my new baby on the drive. #smitten

CCE731AF-188E-4420-A57C-6E9D9EE510A1.jpeg

Last edited by Panthera on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Panthera to our friendly forum! :)

That's a beautiful Macan. Rhodium Silver with the 911 Turbo wheels - nice! 8-)

Wishing you many happy miles of Macaneering!

Looking forward to hearing about your journey to Porsche Number 2, too...! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm Welcome, Panthera to our friendly forum! :)

That's a beautiful Macan. Rhodium Silver with the 911 Turbo wheels - nice! 8-)

Wishing you many happy miles of Macaneering!

Looking forward to hearing about your journey to Porsche Number 2, too...! ;)
Thanks Simon :) Just looked at your sig; something to aspire to! 8-)
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome Panthera
Yours is a lovely looking car. I too have a Rhodium Silver SD that I specced, waited for a build slot and bought brand new in May 2017.
Now 20 months still think it's a great quality car that's really superb drive.
Hope you enjoy yours as much. :)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Welcome to the forum Panthera! :)

There is a few NI members on here. And one of them, Happy Days, could help you with your decision of maybe acquiring a 718 boxster alongside your smart Macan. ;)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
happy days

Post by happy days »

There's no comparison between the TT and a 718. Get Matt to give you a loaner for the weekend and you'll be smitten. I have the S which has 350bhp and instant full torque at any engine speed above 1950rpm, which is always. Great cars. Where in NI are you?
Macan S D
718 S
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

happy days wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 pm There's no comparison between the TT and a 718. Get Matt to give you a loaner for the weekend and you'll be smitten. I have the S which has 350bhp and instant full torque at any engine speed above 1950rpm, which is always. Great cars. Where in NI are you?
Agree with you about the Boxster vs the TT from a driving perspective. But TT with the roof down is still a nice place to be on a sunny day 8-) Having said that I am sure I'll be chomping at the bit to get a 718 when we've saved up some more pennies :D

We're based near Moira. I'm a Geordie but loving living in NI for the last three years.
Macan SD
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:07 pm A warm welcome Panthera
Yours is a lovely looking car. I too have a Rhodium Silver SD that I specced, waited for a build slot and bought brand new in May 2017.
Now 20 months still think it's a great quality car that's really superb drive.
Hope you enjoy yours as much. :)
Thanks for the welcome :)

Funnily enough , slver is not my favourite hue for a car and when I was looking at getting a Q5 I'd definitely ruled it out in favour of Daytona Grey or Navarra Blue. But I love the Macan in Rhodium silver - just gives the car real pizzazz. Looks especially fine with the 911 turbo alloys. Glad I didn't have to wait to have one built to spec - a week was long enough for me! :D First weekend of driving and I'm just getting up to speed (literally) and I'm very impressed so far with the composure on country lanes
Macan SD
VanB

Post by VanB »

Welcome, Panthera. Lovely looking Macan and I think the colour suits it very well as do the wheels.

There is no comparison between a TT and a 718. See if you can get a 718 for the weekend and I think you'd be prepared to sell a kidney to have one alongside the Macan!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

VanB wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:54 pm Welcome, Panthera. Lovely looking Macan and I think the colour suits it very well as do the wheels.

There is no comparison between a TT and a 718. See if you can get a 718 for the weekend and I think you'd be prepared to sell a kidney to have one alongside the Macan!
:lol: :lol:

That's my worry - I blew the budget on the Macan so am avoiding the 718 for fear I'll remortgage the house ;-) :D One day though...
Macan SD