New Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
RWC

Post by RWC »

Hello all. I have, after many years of car buying, ordered a Macan S.
I have just a small window of time now to make any changes to my order and am a little nervous having ordered the car with 20 inch wheels.
Having never owned a Porsche before I wondered if anyone can comment on their experience of 20 and 19 wheels.
Thanks and look forward to any events.
Ray

Duarte75

Post by Duarte75 »

Hi Ray,

Congrats on your new order! I too ordered the Macan S a few weeks ago for May Delivery. It’s also my 1st Porsche and i opted for the 911 turbo wheels with PASM. My dealer had a couple standard Macans with 20’s and they also looked great. 19’s also look good so I suppose it will all be down to personal preference and budget. We all have different tastes and driving styles, so I’m sure that after seeing all the feedback here you will make the right decision. I still have some time until lockdown so might still change a few bits! Also bear in mind and discussing elsewhere in the forum that prices might be increased by 10% due to non Brexit deal. This was confirmed by my dealer but kinda vague if it was still applicable to older orders! 🧐
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Hi Ray,
I have 20” RS Spyders on my current Macan SD (2015) and have always found them perfectly acceptble on all roads but I do also have PASM so this helps smooth out the extremes.
I have a new S on order for March delivery and this has 20” turbo wheel, once again with PASM.
Macan SD Sapphire Blue sold April 19
Macan S Night Blue collected May 19
RWC

Post by RWC »

Many thanks for those replies. A price hike! Brexit! Whatever next!!

I guess I’m really concerned about clipping the odd kerb and potholes with lower profile tyres more than anything else really so my logic was the advantage of having a wider side wall. Just best drive more carefully perhaps and stay with the 20’s.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

RWC wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm Hello all. I have, after many years of car buying, ordered a Macan S.
I have just a small window of time now to make any changes to my order and am a little nervous having ordered the car with 20 inch wheels.
Having never owned a Porsche before I wondered if anyone can comment on their experience of 20 and 19 wheels.
Ray
Go 21s or go home. :lol:

Us 21s know how to roll!
VanB

Post by VanB »

20" probably the best compromise and still look great IMO
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

GMAN75 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm
RWC wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm Hello all. I have, after many years of car buying, ordered a Macan S.
Ray
Go 21s or go home. :lol:

Us 21s know how to roll!
My pre-owned (what we used to call second-hand in the old days ;-) ) Macan SD came with 21" but also air-suspension which I think is a required combination. Besides, air looks a cheap option compared with the 21" turbo wheels :shock:
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Ray
Hi Ray, I just joined the forum today as I'm totally smitten with my first Porsche and wanted to share in all things Macan.

I'm another Ray!
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
RWC

Post by RWC »

Ah must be of a certain age then being a Ray 😁
I’m looking forward to it have driven lots of daft and other reasonably sensible fast cars. Hope too for a few trips away to be able to actually drive it with a bit of passion. Do any of the clubs organise such events?
Alan Ellis

Post by Alan Ellis »

Just got my leave the factory date for my Macan S

5th March, I did think it would be earlier but the dealer said they think it may be carrying an on sale date of March.

I did order in November before it was officially available
Macan GTS 2022/22 - Silver - wife’s car on order
Macan GTS 2021 - Carmine Red
Macan S, 2019 - White