New Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

RWC wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm Hello all. I have, after many years of car buying, ordered a Macan S.
I have just a small window of time now to make any changes to my order and am a little nervous having ordered the car with 20 inch wheels.
Having never owned a Porsche before I wondered if anyone can comment on their experience of 20 and 19 wheels.
Thanks and look forward to any events.
Ray
Hello Ray and welcome

If you are nervous about the potential alloy wheel rim edge damage, then the higher the Aspect Ratio of the tyre, the two digit middle number of the size description, the less likely you are to incurb kerbing damage. Here 60 series have more 'belly' than 35 series.

Macans can be ordered on these tyre sizes:

Capture 3.PNG

So the 18" have the tallest and most bulbous sidewalls through to the 21" with the shortest and straightest ones:

I chose 19" for my Macan and have incurred no wheel damage in 20 months use. I had 40 / 35 series combo tyres on my previous car and incurred kerbing damage on three alloys despite my best efforts.

Capture 2.PNG

Last edited by SAC1 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

RWC

Post by RWC »

That info is very useful and informative thank you.
Having my partner leaning over my shoulder reading these posts now I may have my mind made up for me now as she hates having a flat in the middle of nowhere. Anyway many thanks, 20 or 19’s it’ll be fun anyway
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Duarte75 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:38 pm It’s also my 1st Porsche and i opted for the 911 turbo wheels with PASM. My dealer had a couple standard Macans with 20’s and they also looked great.
I also spent a lot of time thinking through wheel options (in fact I started a thread on here on wheels). I formed the view that 20" were a minimum (in fact the sales guy told me that anything less would reduce the residual price). In the end I opted for the 911 turbo's with PASM
RWC

Post by RWC »

Yes having mulled it over and with a little input from my partner I’m going to stick with the 20’s. I can’t remember the name now but they are grey in colour as have ordered the car in red.
Thanks again for your input
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

RWC wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm Hello all. I have, after many years of car buying, ordered a Macan S.
I have just a small window of time now to make any changes to my order and am a little nervous having ordered the car with 20 inch wheels.
Having never owned a Porsche before I wondered if anyone can comment on their experience of 20 and 19 wheels.
Thanks and look forward to any events.
Ray
Welcome to The Macan world, so its Carmine and 20" wheels, ideally with PASM? It will look fantastic.

Although there are sometimes ad-hoc meets organised by this forum, for a Macan event, you would be best advised to go with Porsche Club GB. If you call their office on 01608 652911, they'll give you contact details. If you get hold of the monthly Porsche Post, there's always a Macan register article. Events are already planned for this year. I went with them to The Vosge area and Chapmpagne region in 2017, brilliant driving and access to Pol Roger, not available to the general public, it was a great few days away, very well organised by Mike and Adrian.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

RWC wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:23 pm Ah must be of a certain age then being a Ray 😁
I’m looking forward to it have driven lots of daft and other reasonably sensible fast cars. Hope too for a few trips away to be able to actually drive it with a bit of passion. Do any of the clubs organise such events?
If you intend to drive your S with passion then I do hope you have included the options which maximise the handling capabilities!

Standard suspension and large wheels give poor handling.

Do remember a Macan is near on a two tonne SUV by the time it is loaded so if you expect it to handle like a 911 on UK country roads then you will probably be dissapointed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RWC

Post by RWC »

Previous was a RR Sport 5.0 m so heavy I know about 🤨 Before that a host of cars that behaved and many that didn’t! The passion hopefully will come from a few trips away and driving on some roads that won’t have nose to tail traffic, hmm not sure where that is.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

RWC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 am Previous was a RR Sport 5.0 m so heavy I know about 🤨 Before that a host of cars that behaved and many that didn’t! The passion hopefully will come from a few trips away and driving on some roads that won’t have nose to tail traffic, hmm not sure where that is.
Northern Ireland mate :D As long as you avoid Belfast in the rush hour ;-)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
RWC

Post by RWC »

😂 Maybe The Highlands. Escaped to Devon a few years ago to get away from the crap but regrettably thousands of other looking for the same are following 🤣
happy days

Post by happy days »

Panthera wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am
RWC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 am Previous was a RR Sport 5.0 m so heavy I know about 🤨 Before that a host of cars that behaved and many that didn’t! The passion hopefully will come from a few trips away and driving on some roads that won’t have nose to tail traffic, hmm not sure where that is.
Northern Ireland mate :D As long as you avoid Belfast in the rush hour ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S