New Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Panthera wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am
RWC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 am Previous was a RR Sport 5.0 m so heavy I know about 🤨 Before that a host of cars that behaved and many that didn’t! The passion hopefully will come from a few trips away and driving on some roads that won’t have nose to tail traffic, hmm not sure where that is.
Northern Ireland mate :D As long as you avoid Belfast in the rush hour ;-)
And Friday afternoons everywhere. Does no one work Friday afternoons anymore?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

RAA

Post by RAA »

I was (and still am) glad that I ordered the new Macan S with its standard 18" wheels: I prefer the double-spoke look of the wheels over the larger ones and wanted more rubber (and air) under the car, to cope with all our potholes and uneven road surfaces. I originally got into the queue for a diesel S in Agate Grey nearly a year ago (Feb '18), but had to settle for a petrol S as diesel became a no-no, and a silver paint job instead, because the car manufacturers decided to shelve the colour I liked best. New car should arrive in late March - hopefully just before 'Brexit'. It will also be my first Porsche.

I might get a set of 18" winter wheels next autumn (with winter tyres, of course), and could always use one of them as a spare, in case of a puncture in the summer, and vice versa in the winter (?)
RWC

Post by RWC »

Given the replies I received I popped in to the dealership today to ask about the Brexit issue. The salesman informed me that “ At the moment anyone that has ordered is ok BUT that they are waiting for updated advise as orders already taken MAY be affected too and I would be given the option to cancel my order.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The first Macan I test drove, for the weekend not just half an hour around the town, was a SD on 21"s and standard suspension. I had a lot of fun driving it, and never once felt that the ride was unacceptable. I went on to buy a GTS Macan which was fine IMHO on 21"s all be it with the standard PASM. Anything less than 20"s are narrower as well as smaller in diameter and make the car look very undernourished.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
RWC

Post by RWC »

Now here’s the a thought. As I had been given a decent price for the RR Sport petrol and the Porsche is an April delivery and I didn’t want to drive my partners go kart mini what was I to do. Well I bought on a whim a 2006 Toyota Rav 4 with 139k miles on the clock. I had all the usual chat from the “live and work from home” car dealer that it was a local car and would go on for many miles yet and how reliable it was. Well with dogs in the back and quite a few thousand miles later it’s goung strong. The thought is that once you’ve bought an old banger you start getting used to it, yes 0 to 60 in an hour or so but no worries about clipping the kerbs, scratches from overhanging hedges and of course so understated. If the import tariffs are sloped on given the democratic vote and I decide on another whim to tell Porsche to shove it, DO I KEEP THE RAV?
RWC

Post by RWC »

Sloped or slapped who knows
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

First thing, defiantly keep the RAV, we all need a Tesco or might it be Waitrose car, leave and forget anywhere. After that all what you need is a 911 for fun, simples lol
Last edited by Rab J on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

We had a RAV for 4 years - brilliant car and they go on forever
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Keep the RAV, you normally have to shoot a Toyota built engine before it dies 😊 Even though they do like a 🍷and no one will want to steal it 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Rab J wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm The first Macan I test drove, for the weekend not just half an hour around the town, was a SD on 21"s and standard suspension. I had a lot of fun driving it, and never once felt that the ride was unacceptable. I went on to buy a GTS Macan which was fine IMHO on 21"s all be it with the standard PASM. Anything less than 20"s are narrower as well as smaller in diameter and make the car look very undernourished.
Undernourished is the perfect word! The wheels need to fill the arches. Some aftermarkets stretch to 22s. Bling is in! :lol: :lol: