Hi First Porsche!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
simono

Post by simono »

What does opc stand for? šŸ˜³

Paul

Post by Paul »

simono wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:16 pm What does opc stand for? šŸ˜³
Itā€™s what proper Porsche owners call their dealership (ā€œOfficial Porsche Centreā€ - as opposed to those pesky unofficial onesšŸ˜‰)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
simono

Post by simono »

šŸ˜‚ šŸ™„
FreddyB123

Post by FreddyB123 »

I tried the PDK reset for the first time today. My Macan had seemed a little sluggish at low revs, but as itā€™s my first Macan and Iā€™ve only had it a month (although it is a 65 plate), I wasnā€™t too sure what I should expect. But having done the reset, I can immediately notice the difference. No more unnecessary dwell time or faint shudder between low gears at low revs when you put your foot on the accelerator... A much smoother transition all round. I wasnā€™t 100% sure about the reset when I first read about it, but it does work for sure. Definitely worth doing if you havenā€™t done so already.
FreddyB

ā€œLife is what happens while youā€™re busy making other plans..ā€ John Lennon

Macan SD 3.0L TDV6, Jet Black, bought 22/12/18
goron59

Post by goron59 »

simono wrote: ā†‘Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:23 pm Lol. Mine defaults to non sports every time you turn it off.

As for the Ackerman effect, thus stands true, thus is exactly what I am experiencing and Iā€™ve only really noticed it in the last few weeks when itā€™s got colder.
It felt like a traction control issue with the wheels gripping them slipping when you pull away on a tight lock ... looks like it seems to effect Porscheā€™s more than most for some reason.
No anti-ackerman effects on either of my Macans, and I've had it on most other cars I've driven out of my garage (v tight U turn). Didn't notice it on any other Macan I've driven either.

I certainly wouldn't describe it as "normal" on the Macan.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
simono

Post by simono »

FreddyB123 wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am I tried the PDK reset for the first time today. My Macan had seemed a little sluggish at low revs, but as itā€™s my first Macan and Iā€™ve only had it a month (although it is a 65 plate), I wasnā€™t too sure what I should expect. But having done the reset, I can immediately notice the difference. No more unnecessary dwell time or faint shudder between low gears at low revs when you put your foot on the accelerator... A much smoother transition all round. I wasnā€™t 100% sure about the reset when I first read about it, but it does work for sure. Definitely worth doing if you havenā€™t done so already.
I did mine yesterday and itā€™s a major improvement. All gear changes are smoother but the most noticeable is from 1st to 2nd. It seemed to hang onto first for too long before and then jerked into second with a lurch ... now it slips in nicely ewww errrr missus.

Thanks for the advice lads.

I donā€™t know if anyone can explain the fact my oil light has gone off now? It canā€™t of needed a litre of oil after 1900 miles ....
FMR

Post by FMR »

FWIW my TPP has used 3li in 12.5k two years old. The light tends to come on after a good thrash on a register trip or handling day. My GTS before that used nothing in 8k and one year old.
New Macan Turbo Mar 20
991 C4GTS Mar 19
Macan TPP Mar 17 sold
Macan GTS Mar 16 sold
FreddyB123

Post by FreddyB123 »

simono wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:57 pm
FreddyB123 wrote: ā†‘Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am I tried the PDK reset for the first time today. My Macan had seemed a little sluggish at low revs, but as itā€™s my first Macan and Iā€™ve only had it a month (although it is a 65 plate), I wasnā€™t too sure what I should expect. But having done the reset, I can immediately notice the difference. No more unnecessary dwell time or faint shudder between low gears at low revs when you put your foot on the accelerator... A much smoother transition all round. I wasnā€™t 100% sure about the reset when I first read about it, but it does work for sure. Definitely worth doing if you havenā€™t done so already.
I did mine yesterday and itā€™s a major improvement. All gear changes are smoother but the most noticeable is from 1st to 2nd. It seemed to hang onto first for too long before and then jerked into second with a lurch ... now it slips in nicely ewww errrr missus.

Thanks for the advice lads.

I donā€™t know if anyone can explain the fact my oil light has gone off now? It canā€™t of needed a litre of oil after 1900 miles ....
Hi simono, Iā€™m glad itā€™s improved the driving experience for you - it certainly did for me. Like you mentioned, the upshift from 1st to 2nd has really improved, as has the PDK gear changing overall.

While weā€™re on the subject of improvements, I had a CRTD4 Twin Channel Diesel Tuning Box by TDI Tuning fitted into my Macan today.... Oh my days.... Itā€™s a revelation!! I havenā€™t driven a Macan GTS Petrol, but I think Iā€™m getting a better understanding as to how it may feel now. My BHP and torque have gone up, as has my fuel economy - which is more than a Brucie Bonus :D And the tuning box was only on level 4 of 7!! Makes me feel that Porscheā€™s original engine mapping has short-changed everyone a bit on most model variants, because as we all know, the engine is capable of much more... But I guess Porsche are not the only culprits in that respect. Anyway, moving on... My journey back on the motorway was exhilarating, fast - and oh so smooth compared to the way up there, even on the bumpy M11... I think the PDK reset coupled with this tuning box have basically transformed my Macan to something I hoped for when I bought what is my first Porsche. It was great to drive before, but now Itā€™s now a sporty SUV with real oomph, that runs on diesel economy but with petrol-like performance.

Has anyone else had any experience with the removable tuning box? I realise most forum users on here have purchased their Macan from new, and specced the car exactly how they prefer it, so are probably not interested and didnā€™t even think about it. Plus thereā€™s the warranty and insurance fears for most. But I must say. In my 65 plate diesel - I like it... A lot.... 8-)
FreddyB

ā€œLife is what happens while youā€™re busy making other plans..ā€ John Lennon

Macan SD 3.0L TDV6, Jet Black, bought 22/12/18
simono

Post by simono »

I have to say that coming from years of v6 3.0 Touaregs I was hoping for a premium experience .. I also wanted something a bit smaller ... I do miss my Touareg though embarrassing as it might be to admit. It was fully loaded and the thing I miss most is the keyless entry ... gets me every time lol.

Waiting now until I have to pull the trailer with 400kg if bike in and the twin axel box trailer being if equal weight šŸ˜³
happy days

Post by happy days »

simono wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:57 pm
If you lifted the bonnet, then that might well explain why the light has gone off. The car will assume you have topped up with oil.
Macan S D
718 S