Hi First Porsche!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
simono

Post by simono »

Hi folk, first Porsche for me, Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition.

Having been a long term Touareg owner, I have had had 3 over the last 10 years, all the 3.0 V6 stink wheels.

I decided I wanted a change, so here I am.

I have a few questions but I wont bore you with them until I have had a browse and answer them for myself via previous posts.

I have to say, I have never had a sports car in my life, just work horses, mile eaters and the Touareg suited my trips to southern France for holidays and also with box trailer towing my Yamaha R1 or Fireblade etc, doing various Track Days, I am sure Porsche owners must know these iconic bikes.

In 2015 I drove to Mugello and back with the R1 in the trailer but those days are gone now as I have decided to do the fly/ride thing with the bike transported for me.

So bikes are my speed drug (I have not ridden roads since 2008, far too much) and I wanted to see how a fast car would be, it has shocked me a little, you cant use these on the road either … not with any sort of spirited driving :lol:

Nice car though but its low speed manners don't impress me.

Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Welcome to our friendly forum.

I'll leave the PP owners to advise how to get the best out of the turbo 😀
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

What do you mean by “low speed manners”?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
simono

Post by simono »

Tom 2000 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:22 pm What do you mean by “low speed manners”?
Well it is jerky pulling out of junctions between 1st and second, almost like it wants to get into 2nd too quickly, then lurches and from a standstill if you are on some sort of steering lock , like having reversed off the drive and turning down the street, it seems like the transmission is slipping gripping slipping and jerky like traction control is messing with the the drive of each wheel ... it’s very ‘unsmooth’.

I don’t like the coasting function, I like engine braking when I am off the gas, that’s just one other thing I don’t get on with, can this be disabled?

Cheers
Simon
simono

Post by simono »

Ray G wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:40 pm Welcome to our friendly forum.

I'll leave the PP owners to advise how to get the best out of the turbo 😀
Thanks Ray ... appreciated
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Did you buy your TPP from an official Porsche Centre?

If you did go back to them and get them to reset the self learning system, if not ask where you bought it from if they can do it. If they cannot then a Porsche dealer can reset it for you the reset will result in a smoother drive. Ask the dealer to check the tracking and condition of linkages whilst it is there.

That then should result in a smoother drive.

Coasting is a function of all Porsche cars with a PDK gearbox.

If you set the engine and gearbox in Sport mode it will provide more of a driving experience that you are seeking.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

simono wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 am
Well it is jerky pulling out of junctions between 1st and second, almost like it wants to get into 2nd too quickly, then lurches and from a standstill if you are on some sort of steering lock , like having reversed off the drive and turning down the street, it seems like the transmission is slipping gripping slipping and jerky like traction control is messing with the the drive of each wheel ... it’s very ‘unsmooth’.
Welcome! :)

I wonder if this could be a transfer box issue? :?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:46 am
simono wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:05 am
Welcome! :)

I wonder if this could be a transfer box issue? :?
My first thoughts too WingCo...but then also wondered if the "learning" module of the PDK needs the reset as suggested by Col Lamb. Would get the reset done first...isn't there a thread on here somewhere on how to do that (lock the car, walk around the outside, wave to the moon then get back in or something :lol: :lol: )
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Joking aside I've trawled through and found the instructions on how to do the reset:

1. Turn on the engine, turn off A/C (and any other consumer like PCM, etc.) and let the engine run for 3 minutes.

2. Turn on A/C and wait another 3 minutes.

3. Turn off engine, remove the key, close and lock the car and wait one minute.

4. Restart car and PDK is now reset to factory default.

Suggest you try that first Simono before you worry about any transfer box issues.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

1st to 2nd sounds like learned PDK which needs a reset. The rest sounds like a damaged transfer box.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8