New Macan S ordered!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:37 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 pm Can I suggest that rather than base your selection or otherwise on the thoughts of members here that you take out a Macan for a test drive specifically to try parallel parking.

Since the chances are that it will have some kind of camera system then do take something to place over the PCM screen so you will not have the tendency to check the screen view.

That will then show you how easy or otherwise it is for you to park a Macan in a tight parking space.

My opinion is that only you can decide what is best for you, but do consider the requirements of any other person who may drive your Macan.
Well, not quite what you said earlier Col......:😉😂😂

I have had both systems, and would never have just Rev Cam again if there is a Surround Cam option.

The rear quarter vision in any Macan is dire and so any help in that area is of great benefit.
:D

If you had read my post without any thoughts of being a :!: (insert your choice of adjective here) :D then you should have realised that I was being ironic.

:lol:

Ironic by removing any thoughts of offering any influence in the Ops choice of inclusions.

What would be ironic would be for the Op to not to include SurCam only for them to kerb the alloys soon after delivery.

Why spend over £50k+ on a motor and skimp on inclusions that make driving easier?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Paul

Post by Paul »

I had no thought of being a :!: when I read your post Col and still have no such thoughts.

Nor do I find anything in your post ironic (by traditional definitions)

Irony is not a word I would best use to describe the content most of your posts; opinionated, inflamatory but not ironic.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:21 am I had no thought of being a :!: when I read your post Col and still have no such thoughts.

Nor do I find anything in your post ironic (by traditional definitions)

Irony is not a word I would best use to describe the content most of your posts; opinionated, inflamatory but not ironic.
:D

Opinionated but not a smart ass.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Play nicely, boys :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:10 pm Play nicely, boys :)
+1 :oops:
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6