First Porsche Ordered - Anything critical missed?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Thanks for the ideas on the specification. The smokers pack looks better in the front but appears to delete the usb outlet in the back - is that correct? I originally specked the standard heated wheel but decided only a “bit more” for the GT wheel which I preferred the look of.
Will look at rear side air bags but will stick with the standard LED lights. Will leave the PS+ as the steering on my M Sport is heavy and the standard POrsche steering seemed fine.

I did originally look at the GTS on the configurator although unavailable before the new model came out and it was working out about £5k more if I got the spec I wanted, by the time the GTS comes out I might aswell wait for the next model and that would delay my first Porsche!

Thanks

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 pm Welcome to our friendly forum! :) Nice to see another Simon joining the Porsche family!

LEDs are standard now, Col. ;)
Yea, you need to update your copy/paste material ! :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
goron59

Post by goron59 »

VanB wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:43 pm And PS+ is still a waste of money unless you are either disabled or feeble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we keep this insulting innuendo out of the forum please?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Great spec

No need to wait. I ordered a similar macan s

Go for it. It's an epic car with a spec like this

No need for PS plus
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

The smokers pack looks better in the front but appears to delete the usb outlet in the back - is that correct?
I don't believe the USB configuration in the back is altered. There is just a cover in the front and an ashtray liner instead of a big hole. The demo I drove had the cover over the hole and still had 2 USB ports in the back I think.

I would be pleased if someone who has the smokers pack could confirm this as I have it on my spec but could really do with 2 USB's in the back for my kids. Actually this has just reminded me of when we went to look at the car for the first time at the dealers, my son was SOOO ecstatic about the USB's in the back, he couldn't wait to share this info with his sister. If only I could be so happy about a couple of USB's I would save myself a fortune :lol:

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Macan Rear Smokers Pack.jpg

Macan Rear No Smokers Pack.jpg

Not posted an image before so hope this works, the image no smokers pack shows 1 USB in the rear this is taken from the rear seat heating option on the configurator. The image smokers pack shows the single USB being replaced by the ash tray. So unless there are other USB's in the back it looks to me if you get the smokers pack there will be no USB in the rear.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can only speak for the “old” model but my 2016 GTS has the smoker pack ashtray cover, 1 USB port in the centre consol glovebox and 2 USB ports in the back by the rear air vents (pics in my signature)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

SimonW66 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm So unless there are other USB's in the back it looks to me if you get the smokers pack there will be no USB in the rear.
But the ashtray has a 12 lighter socket, hence without the smoker pack you would lose the flexibility to connect a 12V accessory such as a cool box (although this could go in the boot). My dashcam power lead is connected into the rear 12V socket in the 'ashtray'.

Don't forget that you can always use one of these:

SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

Forgot to ask, does anyone have the combination Night Blue with Agate leather who could post an image, have seen them separately but not together.

Thanks
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Simon are you being asked to sign a Brexit tariff disclaimer with your order?