First Porsche Ordered - Anything critical missed?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

I have read numerous similar posts which have been really helpful in fine tuning the spec - but any obvious omissions?
I have had two BMW M Sport Touring with 19" wheels and black interiors so am looking for a complete change.

I tend to keep cars for 6-7 years so am less concerned on depreciation, more concerned with spec to keep me happy over the longer term.

I want a Macan that is a "luxury sports SUV" so have gone for a more sporty exterior and luxury interior. I want to get away from black interiors and very light ones for practical ones. Have gone for Agate Grey full leather, I like the brown tint - has any one seen Night Blue with Agate Grey as Agate doesn't seem to be specced as much as black.

Might have gone for Spider wheels if they were still 20" but 21" seem a bit extreme for the state of our roads and can't take winter tyres.

Any helpful suggestions appreciated

Porsche Code PKKJVPX7

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I can't see anything obvious that you have missed.

Nice looking machine :D :D :D
KGB

Post by KGB »

At that price I would consider the GTS
VanB

Post by VanB »

KGB wrote:At that price I would consider the GTS
If it were available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

You have a pretty good spec there.

Consider adding:-

LEDS with PDLS+, I find that mine are as big a leap over xenons as xenons are over halogen and the PDLS+ does add useful features.

ACC, if you cruise a lot.

PS+, which lightens steering liad at parking speeds and progressively reduces to zero assist at road going speeds. Chances are your test drive car had PS+ enabled. Its only a software add in the future but would cost more than buying it to start with. Others will baulk at this in an unhelpful manner but my advice would be for you and whoever is going to regularly drive your Macan is to try low speed maneaouvering a Macan without PS+. I have back issues and for me a Macan without PS+ has a heavy steering load to park and especially to reverse.

Smoking pack, provides a cover for the hole in centre console

Interior storage pack, provides seat back storage, cubby hole stores under front seats, net under parcel shelf, its a bit expensive for what you get but I find it useful.

Compass on top of dash, its one quite a few add to break up the expanse of the top of the dash.

For a bit of nice inside bling take a look at an Aluminium PDK selector.

If you are going to carry kids in the back then rear side airbags will add a bit more peace of mind, I included them in my Macan for that very reason when our Grandkids are in the back.

Couple of questionable extras you have included:-

GT steering wheel, yes the heating side is great but its a couple of hundred more for essentially three bits of aluminium. Standard steering wheel with heating extra is more than good enough in fact in this weather its the first button I press. Only downside of it is that it is not quite hot enough and it is either on ir off.

4 seat heating, I only have it in the front and find that sufficient but if you regularly intend to carry four then it would be a good addition.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum! :) Nice to see another Simon joining the Porsche family!

LEDs are standard now, Col. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

And PS+ is still a waste of money unless you are either disabled or feeble.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 pm Welcome to our friendly forum! :) Nice to see another Simon joining the Porsche family!

LEDs are standard now, Col. ;)
Cheers Simon, its the PDLS and PDLS+ features that are not standard that I have clarified in my post.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:43 pm And PS+ is still a waste of money unless you are either disabled or feeble
You do not have to be either disabled or feeble to appreciate PS+, as I have commented numerous times I would never have a Macan without it, so does that make me either disabled or feeble? No, to both, it just means it is far more comfortable to me when parking, especially when parallel parking or reverse parking.

As the Op is spending £65k on a car where comfort is paramount then the lack of PS+ could very well add a degree of discomfort.

Best advice to them rather than a statement such as yours would surely be for the Op to have a test drive of a pair of Macan's one with and one without PS+.

Bearing in mind that PS+ only functions at parking speeds and progressively reduces to zero assist at road going speeds.
Col
Macan Turbo
VanB

Post by VanB »

Col, at the risk of falling out with you PS+ is a Porsche con. I can happily move the steering of a Macan with 1 finger at parking speeds. If you need assistance then plainly you are either disabled or feeble. Given your insistence that 14 way seats are really the only seats anyone should ever consider because all other seats are uncomfortable for you because of your bad back (not everyone has a bad back) then maybe both apply in your case?

I’m simply trying to help someone stop spending £200ish that they don’t need to. I totally agree that anyone looking to buy any car should try as many options as possible before placing their order.

You will never convince me that PS+ is anything other than a Porsche con. BTW the steering on the 911 is significantly heavier than on a Macan and that is reassuring rather than problematic. I can still move the steering wheel with one finger at parking speeds.