First Porsche Ordered - Anything critical missed?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Guy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:23 pm
SimonW66 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm So unless there are other USB's in the back it looks to me if you get the smokers pack there will be no USB in the rear.
But the ashtray has a 12 lighter socket, hence without the smoker pack you would lose the flexibility to connect a 12V accessory such as a cool box (although this could go in the boot). My dashcam power lead is connected into the rear 12V socket in the 'ashtray'.

Don't forget that you can always use one of these:

You still get a 12V outlet without the smoker's pack. It just has a cover over it (like the one in the boot) instead of a lighter.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

goron59 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:09 am
VanB wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:43 pm And PS+ is still a waste of money unless you are either disabled or feeble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we keep this insulting innuendo out of the forum please?
+1
Peter

VanB

Post by VanB »

I apologise to anyone who was offended - my intention was to use illustrative language and not to insult anyone which is the last thing I would intend to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
SimonW66

Post by SimonW66 »

I have not signed anything specific on Brexit / Tariffs, it was mentioned that tariffs could increase the price but was told I would have the option to cancel. I guess it would depend on the price rise, I suspect the tariff would be 10% of the price Porsche UK import from Germany rather than 10% of the UK retail price. I will wait to see if it materialises and then either cancel or negotiate a split with the OPC.
Guy

Post by Guy »

On-Track wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:56 pm You still get a 12V outlet without the smoker's pack. It just has a cover over it (like the one in the boot) instead of a lighter.
Are you sure? On the facelift Macan?

I was talking about the socket between the two rear seats. It seemed from SimonW66's post and photos that the 'default' is a USB socket (possibly double), but that the Smoker's Pack brings a pull down flap (ashtray) which I would expect to contain a 12V socket and installed lighter.
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

SimonW66 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 pm I have not signed anything specific on Brexit / Tariffs, it was mentioned that tariffs could increase the price but was told I would have the option to cancel. I guess it would depend on the price rise, I suspect the tariff would be 10% of the price Porsche UK import from Germany rather than 10% of the UK retail price. I will wait to see if it materialises and then either cancel or negotiate a split with the OPC.
Ok thanks my OPC asked me to sign that I would be liable for the 10% and would not be able to cancel or get a refund on my deposit. Let me know if anything changes as Ill be going back to my OPC next week to tell then to get on with the order as they are wanting to hold off placing it as I won't sign the letter.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Guy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:08 pm
On-Track wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:56 pm You still get a 12V outlet without the smoker's pack. It just has a cover over it (like the one in the boot) instead of a lighter.
Are you sure? On the facelift Macan?

I was talking about the socket between the two rear seats. It seemed from SimonW66's post and photos that the 'default' is a USB socket (possibly double), but that the Smoker's Pack brings a pull down flap (ashtray) which I would expect to contain a 12V socket and installed lighter.
No, I'm not sure as I was talking about the front socket. The option on the configurator makes no mention of a lighter in the rear, it just says that the lighter replaces the 12V socket in the front.
Peter

MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

The option on the configurator makes no mention of a lighter in the rear, it just says that the lighter replaces the 12V socket in the front.
It doesn't replace the 12V socket, in the hole there will still be a 12V socket it will also have a lighter plugged into it (which you can remove) and an ashtray under the flap that you also get.

I am not convinced there is a rear lighter and ashtray. Lots of cars these days just have the smoking features in the front. I have seen the photos posted on here but I believe they are from older models. The 2019 specification says there are 2 rear USB ports, no mention of adding an ashtray or lighter in the rear with the smoking package.

I am planning a dealer visit soon and will look at their showroom cars to check the rear config, they all have the smoking package as they like the cover you get over the hole.

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Rams911 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:37 pm
SimonW66 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 pm I have not signed anything specific on Brexit / Tariffs, it was mentioned that tariffs could increase the price but was told I would have the option to cancel. I guess it would depend on the price rise, I suspect the tariff would be 10% of the price Porsche UK import from Germany rather than 10% of the UK retail price. I will wait to see if it materialises and then either cancel or negotiate a split with the OPC.
Ok thanks my OPC asked me to sign that I would be liable for the 10% and would not be able to cancel or get a refund on my deposit. Let me know if anything changes as Ill be going back to my OPC next week to tell then to get on with the order as they are wanting to hold off placing it as I won't sign the letter.
Um this would not sit kindly with me
If there already talking off a 10% brexit increase then it will probably happen
Indemand cars that they can use brexit as a price rise point
You pay your money and take your choice
Best just to accept its going to be 10% dearer any less will be a bonus
And please dont think porsche uk or dealer will help you
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 pm Welcome to our friendly forum! :) Nice to see another Simon joining the Porsche family!

LEDs are standard now, Col. ;)
Yay for more Simons

Simon :D
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3