Macan S coming mid March

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Hi All,

I put a deposit on my Macan back in August 2018.

My Macan S spec
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSTMYH4

So i didn't go for leather because i find that i slip around in leather and i may regret the 21inch alloys. I currently have an Audi S5 2017, which i believe is the same engine thats in the S but with Porsche gearbox (which is way better) After reading one review of the Macan S i kinda wish i went for a sports exhaust as the S5 sounds very good. (and a bigger fuel tank)

I did chip my S5 to ~415bhp and the car 0-62 went to about 4.0 seconds. It felt sooo much quicker.

I could be tempted to get a chip for my S ;)

Frankie
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Not too long to wait :D :D :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

You will be fine with the 21” inch rims since you have Air.

The ride comfort will be vastly superior to the S5.

Sports exhaust is a Tequipment item than can be retrofitted, or it was on pre facelift Macans and if memory serves it is about £2.5k but do remember it is purely an aural extra, it provides zero performance gain. The beauty of PSE is that you can switch it off since it drones a lot when cruising.

I would be interested to hear how you find the 8 ways when you have covered a couple of thousand miles.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Anything will be more comfortable than my S5 seats on a long journey
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.