Hello

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Hi All, new to this forum and looking at a Macan S

Wonder what people think of this spec?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSTQBH4

I have not seen the beige seats but on the web site they look a bit dull? I just do not want a black interior and exterior.

Also, the 21" just makes the car look better, in my opinion.

Thanks

Phil

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I have commented on your other post re your spec.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Riomacan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am Wonder what people think of this spec?
I have always resisted commenting on other peoples specs because, having viewed many, it is clear that we all have massively different views. What prompted me to comment on your spec is the sports exhaust and here I comment because one of my boys has this on his car and its embarrassing. It's embarrassing when he leaves for work at 7am waking the neighbours, when he arrives and leave our house and I've had the same comments from other relatives. And you've ordered insulated glass so that you can't hear it !!! Save yourself some money and cancel those two options. On the aesthetics I never understood 'black' (funeral directors and drugs dealers (sorry JMO) but black with beige and a walnut dash! I think pebble grey would go better with black than beige but again that again is JMO. If you are keen on the beige it would look good with midnight blue.
Also ditch the chrono watch (unnecessary) and with the money you save get the air suspension.
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Always good to get feedback, thank you.
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

It is quite amusing looking at the views and, as you would expect, everyone has there own views and choices. I have looked at a fair view video reviews and the NIG looks like a good option, even though it is rarely chosen. Some think air is the thing to get others believe it makes little difference. As for the exhaust system, you can switch it off if you want. It is audio noise so you can either choose to have it or cruise quietly.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Riomacan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am Wonder what people think of this spec?
I have always resisted commenting on other peoples specs because, having viewed many, it is clear that we all have massively different views. What prompted me to comment on your spec is the sports exhaust and here I comment because one of my boys has this on his car and its embarrassing. It's embarrassing when he leaves for work at 7am waking the neighbours, when he arrives and leave our house and I've had the same comments from other relatives. And you've ordered insulated glass so that you can't hear it !!! Save yourself some money and cancel those two options. On the aesthetics I never understood 'black' (funeral directors and drugs dealers (sorry JMO) but black with beige and a walnut dash! I think pebble grey would go better with black than beige but again that again is JMO. If you are keen on the beige it would look good with midnight blue.
Also ditch the chrono watch (unnecessary) and with the money you save get the air suspension.
I agree with your comment on black. I don't think it even suits the car and I wonder whether people choose it because it's the default. Porsches have never worn black well. The fact that all other colours are decent money options shows where they think they can pick up some margin.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Riomacan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am Hi All, new to this forum and looking at a Macan S

Wonder what people think of this spec?

I have not seen the beige seats but on the web site they look a bit dull? I just do not want a black interior and exterior.

Also, the 21" just makes the car look better, in my opinion.

Thanks

Phil
Welcome to the forum Phil. I have to say your exterior/interior colour choices would not be mine. And that's what's great about the myriad options to tailor your Porsche to how you exactly how you like it. I don't believe a photo can ever do a car justice so if you can it would be worth seeing the interior in real life.

Have fun changing your spec a million times ;-)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D

Have you looked at Agate grey / pebble grey interior.

I think it looks great :oops: :oops: :oops:
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Thank you Panthera and Scot Mac.

I am getting better ideas from looking at the Approved used cars on the Porsche web site. Going away from black now, and like the grey and silver.
I think black interior works well with both but the CEO at home does not like black interiors!! Beige seems to suite the navy blue but not convinced of it. I will be heading to Porsche dealers to have a look first hand, Guildford, Reading and Chiswick are my 'locals'

Ironic, as I'm pretty sure on the options now, just the body colour and inside.

Of the 296 used Porsche Macans available, the most popular, in order are; Black, Grey, Blue, Silver. Most have black interiors followed by grey then red and beige
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Can I clarify something?

All Macans have exhaust flap valves in the silencer system, where on starting the car the exhaust flap valves open and you hear the burble of the engine, and in my case and no doubt that of many others, I have to reverse and turn 180 degrees as I exit my garage hence all my neighbours get to here the great sound of my Turbo V6. The burble continues as I drive past even more neighbours and the exhaust flap valves only close when I am a few doors away from my drive.

So you do not need a Sports Exhaust to annoy your neighbours, just driving off in your Porsche will do a good job of that.

The Porsche Sports Exhaust for some reason known only to Porsche gives ZERO extra Power or Torque, it is just for aural performance only. The Exhaust Flap valves are switchable by the driver and when the PSE is active the aural performance inside the car is enhanced by a Speaker (sorry Resonator) that is attached to the bodywork.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags