Hello

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
amf

Post by amf »

Hi!
I had a black car before the Macan and it was a NIGHTMARE to keep pristine :-) - I would go for another colour if I were you.

jk88

Post by jk88 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:36 pm

The Porsche Sports Exhaust for some reason known only to Porsche gives ZERO extra Power or Torque, it is just for aural performance only. The Exhaust Flap valves are switchable by the driver and when the PSE is active the aural performance inside the car is enhanced by a Speaker (sorry Resonator) that is attached to the bodywork.
Col, any idea if it's possible to diable the resonator somehow as I'd be interested to compare the sound of the PSE with and without?
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Interesting video on PSE
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:36 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Riomacan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am Wonder what people think of this spec?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSTQBH4
I have always resisted commenting on other peoples specs because, having viewed many, it is clear that we all have massively different views. What prompted me to comment on your spec is the sports exhaust and here I comment because one of my boys has this on his car and its embarrassing. It's embarrassing when he leaves for work at 7am waking the neighbours, when he arrives and leave our house and I've had the same comments from other relatives. And you've ordered insulated glass so that you can't hear it !!! Save yourself some money and cancel those two options. On the aesthetics I never understood 'black' (funeral directors and drugs dealers (sorry JMO) but black with beige and a walnut dash! I think pebble grey would go better with black than beige but again that again is JMO. If you are keen on the beige it would look good with midnight blue.
Also ditch the chrono watch (unnecessary) and with the money you save get the air suspension.
Can I clarify something?

All Macans have exhaust flap valves in the silencer system, where on starting the car the exhaust flap valves open and you hear the burble of the engine, and in my case and no doubt that of many others, I have to reverse and turn 180 degrees as I exit my garage hence all my neighbours get to here the great sound of my Turbo V6. The burble continues as I drive past even more neighbours and the exhaust flap valves only close when I am a few doors away from my drive.

So you do not need a Sports Exhaust to annoy your neighbours, just driving off in your Porsche will do a good job of that.

The Porsche Sports Exhaust for some reason known only to Porsche gives ZERO extra Power or Torque, it is just for aural performance only. The Exhaust Flap valves are switchable by the driver and when the PSE is active the aural performance inside the car is enhanced by a Speaker (sorry Resonator) that is attached to the bodywork.
Col, please could you tell me your source of the information regarding the speaker? I'm aware of the switchable flaps, there's one each side on my Turbo, but I can't detect a speaker or resonator. I can't see any reference to a speaker in the parts list for the sports exhaust either.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA