Neanderthal

Post by Neanderthal »

Wanted to say hello

I have been lurking in the background, learning about the Macan

Next week I take delivery of my first Porsche, getting a bit giddy now

Any advice on dash cameras ?

Here is the Specifcation

PKRXM2L3
New Macan S Sapphire Blue, Electric 14 way seats, 21" Sport Classic Wheels Black, Black Leather Interior,Black Exhaust and Side trim, PASM, Sport Chrono, PSP, Bose, Pano roof, Sport Design Mirrors, Aluminium Interior Trim

Full Spec PKRXM2L3

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Welcome onboard Neanderthal! Send some pics...

I am checking this forum on daily basis and I don’t even have a Porsche yet, hopefully this will change in May!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Good choice of spec inclusions.

One major omission ....... heated steering wheel. It is a Must Have in my book.

Your query over RevCam, Surround Cam is very useful particularly if you have to access and park in tight spaces.

Consider adding:-

Interior Light Pack

Rear side airbags, if you value the rear occupants.

Automatic Cruise Control if you use cruise control, standard is a dumb system

Do have a long test drive of a Macan with the same seating, suspension, wheel size, and steering system as you intend to specify to verify that the ride and seating comfort is what you want.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Riomacan

Post by Riomacan »

Good spec Neanderthal, I am looking at the 21 RS Spyder wheels. I don't get the 'must have' heated steering wheel that lots on this forum like.
Neanderthal

Post by Neanderthal »

Col Lamb

A bit late to change the specifications as it’s in the dealers

I have a heated wheel on the current car, this one will live in a heated garage, so not so essential

Thanks for the feedback
New Macan S Sapphire Blue, Electric 14 way seats, 21" Sport Classic Wheels Black, Black Leather Interior,Black Exhaust and Side trim, PASM, Sport Chrono, PSP, Bose, Pano roof, Sport Design Mirrors, Aluminium Interior Trim

Full Spec PKRXM2L3
Neanderthal

Post by Neanderthal »

Riomacan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 pm Good spec Neanderthal, I am looking at the 21 RS Spyder wheels. I don't get the 'must have' heated steering wheel that lots on this forum like.
I was concerned about the wheels and the lack of Air Suspension

Haveing driven one with PASM and 21” wheels it’s fine, so much better than an S line Audi

Heated steering wheel is a nice to have, as this will be garaged it’s less important for
me

Full Spec PKRXM2L3
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome!

Info on dash-cams here and also a link to a previous post on installation with plenty of pics.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8191&p=170087&hili ... ms#p170087

Installation.....

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4740&hilit=Dash+cam
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Neanderthal

Post by Neanderthal »

Pivot wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 pm Welcome onboard Neanderthal! Send some pics...

I am checking this forum on daily basis and I don’t even have a Porsche yet, hopefully this will change in May!
Thanks for the welcome

Happy to post pictures after delivery

May isn’t long 😊

Full Spec PKRXM2L3
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Neanderthal wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm Any advice on dash cameras ?
I've had a dashcam on my cars (moved it from car to car) for 10 years and I wouldn't be without one. It sits there recording everything and ready if and when I need it. It's 10 years old, technology has moved on (and become much more complicated in terms of choices) and I will buy a new cam for the new Macan when it comes in May. The below forum is the source of info, after deciding on your criteria (what you want from the cam) the next hurdle is identifying a cam that will do the job without paying too more than you need too - not easy.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/
Neanderthal

Post by Neanderthal »

Thanks

Full Spec PKRXM2L3