New to this forum

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

There is a lot to take in when you pick up the car.Remember you will have an invitation to a masterclass about a month later when you can go into detail about the bits you can't work out.Enjoy .

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

When I bought another VAG brand car recently in the last week of the month, the dealer covered the cost of the extra week.....if indeed there is one.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

Pick up is a whirlwind especially if it's your first Porsche. Do take time to ask plenty of questions about the PCM functions which can be bewildering - especially online services. As others have said go over the car with a fine tooth comb as you would be surprised how many minor impairments might exist at delivery that you will never be able to have corrected other than at your own expense otherwise. Also double check the full fuel tank - they had to put in an additional 8 litres when I collected my 911 which I think is a pretty poor show!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

First post for me as a soon to be 1st time Porsche owner.

Ordered a new Macan S in Volcanic Grey 3 weeks ago. Managed to secure an April build slot so it will be ready for me at end of the month.

To browse options selected the code is PKZ83CV9. I added Panoramic sun roof also. Hopefully not missed anything that I will regret.

I've come from several BMW's the last one being a 340i. The other vehicles on my shortlist were: X5 and Jag F Pace SUV. After test drives it really was a 'no brainer'. Macan S just steers and handles so much better (way ahead of the 340i) with a an engine and gearbox roughly on a par with the said Beemer. High praise indeed! I'm very excited about taking possession.

I know that any vehicle can be stolen but my research suggests being a key'd ignition a Porsche is targeted less than say an X5 which can 'chipped' so easily. Overnight Parking is on my driveway. Is a steering lock worth buying as an extra deterrent?

Also Porsche main dealer quoted for GAP, bodywork and wheel insurance and as expected quotes were crazy high. Any recommendations here will be appreciated.

Cheers
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Rob400 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:34 am First post for me as a soon to be 1st time Porsche owner.

Ordered a new Macan S in Volcanic Grey 3 weeks ago. Managed to secure an April build slot so it will be ready for me at end of the month.

To browse options selected the code is PKZ83CV9. I added Panoramic sun roof also. Hopefully not missed anything that I will regret.

I've come from several BMW's the last one being a 340i. The other vehicles on my shortlist were: X5 and Jag F Pace SUV. After test drives it really was a 'no brainer'. Macan S just steers and handles so much better (way ahead of the 340i) with a an engine and gearbox roughly on a par with the said Beemer. High praise indeed! I'm very excited about taking possession.

I know that any vehicle can be stolen but my research suggests being a key'd ignition a Porsche is targeted less than say an X5 which can 'chipped' so easily. Overnight Parking is on my driveway. Is a steering lock worth buying as an extra deterrent?

Also Porsche main dealer quoted for GAP, bodywork and wheel insurance and as expected quotes were crazy high. Any recommendations here will be appreciated.

Cheers
Welcome Rob.

Congrats in getting a build slot so soon, right place, right time. A short lead time is rare but it does happen.

Read Bazza’s excellent thread on security.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116

No point in commenting on your build code, your car wil be as you have specified it but on pick up do check that everything is as it should be, and all you have specified is included.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

Thanks Col
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, Rob. Congrats on the Macan and we look forward to photos soon! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Rob400 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:34 am Ordered a new Macan S in Volcanic Grey 3 weeks ago. Managed to secure an April build slot so it will be ready for me at end of the month.
I ordered mine late December and was given a 'February build slot' but notwithstanding that the word 'build' was in that statement my OPC explained the 'build slot' as slots allocated to them for that month and the actual building of the car would be done in April i.e. the 'build slot' month did not mean it was being built that month - clear as mud!
Rob400

Post by Rob400 »

When I asked if it's possible to add an option last week they told me that the car had gone into production so not possible and that the dealer expected to take delivery 10 days post production which is scheduled to be the end of April. I will soon find out. Good luck with yours :-)
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

When I ordered in January my build slot was also in April, estimated for delivery in early May; I had an email from my OPD today to tell me it is sitting in Emden and has an estimated dealer delivery date of 26th April! So excited!! :lol:

Sally
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019