Hey!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
PD1976

Post by PD1976 »

Welcome - I'm relatively new too, and have to say the forum is very friendly and welcoming. As well as informative.

Congratulations on ordering your Macan S - you wont be disappointed. I'm only 200 miles in, but I love it!

CarlG

Post by CarlG »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:36 am ^^^ Already included in the noise and heat insulated pack.
When you open that code: PK1FS8H0, Porsche GB suggests:

Capture.PNG

You'd better slap their wrist as well :oops: :roll: :D
You got me second guessing too, fortunately the configurator makes you remove privacy glass if you spec the insulated glass. Still in two minds as to whether it's worth the extra for the insulated, I have it on my current car which is very quiet so my default position was to spec it on this, pricey option though....

Semerka wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:24 pm With dark themed cars the dark headlights look good in metal too:

LED main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus): £ 1,065.00

;)
Damn you! (they do look rather nice!). It's tricky to get a proper impression from the configurator, time for some image searching I reckon. And then decide what to remove! :lol:

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone, I really appreciate the feedback! I've booked in for my experience day now so looking forward to that!

Cheers,
Carl
Spud

Post by Spud »

Nice spec, the one thing I would definitely say is that having had 3 Bose systems I currently have the standard Porsche system, haven’t noticed any real difference, you could save or use on other extras
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Options are personal taste but here goes.

Exterior Colour Volcano Grey Metallic yes
Interior Colour Black leather package with partial leather seats yes
Exterior Panoramic roof system yes
Thermally and noise insulated glass including privacy glass No. I would choose Privacy Glass.
Sideblades painted in exterior colour Not required on VG
Side window trims in black (high-gloss) Yes
Air suspension with self-levelling function and ride-height adjustment including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) Yes
Sports tailpipes Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur Yes, in Black
75 litre fuel tank Yes
Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch, No, I would go for Sports Exhaust.
Power steering Plus No
20-inch Macan Turbo wheels with paint finish in exterior colour Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur Yes
18-Inch collapsible spare wheel Yes
LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Yes
Automatically dimming mirrors Yes
ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera and Surround View Yes
Porsche Entry & Drive No
Adaptive cruise control Yes
Lane Change Assist No
Speed limit indicator No
Heated windscreen No
14-way electric seats (front) with memory package Yes
Seat heating (front) Yes
Heated steering wheel Yes
Smoking package Yes
Comfort lighting package Yes
BOSE® Surround Sound System No.

If I didn't have financial priorities I would probably tick everything or hunt for a fully loaded Tpp plus a 911.

As I say Options are personal and I would not trash anyones choices or expect anyone to like all of mine.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Delete porsche entry and drive
Lane assit etc to me is a waste of money as is power steering plus
Got to have heated windscreen as most people complain of missting and hopefully this can be the cure
Paul

Post by Paul »

Scooby wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:13 am
Got to have heated windscreen as most people complain of missting and hopefully this can be the cure
Agree with the option (I had it on at 2012 Skoda Yeti and it was really efficient on frosty mornings) but not for the reason stated; no misting issues whatsoever on either of my Macans. Just leave the whole a/c to its’ own devices, set to Auto at around 21 -22 and you’ll have a mist-free screen in 99% of circumstances.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Paul wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 am Agree with the option (I had it on at 2012 Skoda Yeti and it was really efficient on frosty mornings) but not for the reason stated; no misting issues whatsoever on either of my Macans. Just leave the whole a/c to its’ own devices, set to Auto at around 21 -22 and you’ll have a mist-free screen in 99% of circumstances.
Same here, I park under cover which seems to help.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

I've gone for a very similar spec., but in Sapphire Blue and I'm hoping to be collecting it in a couple of weeks.
robbie

Post by robbie »

A dumb question for someone! - how do you know you actually have Power Steering Plus apart from it being on my itemised invoice? not having driven a Macan without this option I wouldn't know the difference, this feature is not even mentioned in the 'incredible' handbook or in the car (as far as I can see anyway) ? Robbie
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Congrats and welcome! :D
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather