New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
ianst

Post by ianst »

Hi All,

After some test drives and an off road day we have got round to ordering an S

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKHQJDA8

Hoping for a june build.

Unsure on a couple of options, like drop roof rails and dimming mirrors

unsure on Bose also, every car has had bose so far...? Thoughts?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Very nice, Ian. Love the 911 Turbo wheels with Sapphire.

Personally I’d drop Bose and the roof rails, but keep the auto-dimming mirrors.

I’d lose privacy glass too. ;)

49CEDD30-C1A8-4920-933B-909A498674B3.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

Great spec. I would keep roof rails and privacy. I would drop Bose.... had a Porsche with and without and just didn't see enough benefit from the cost. If u love music on the road then go for it, otherwise the standard is more than good enough.
ianst

Post by ianst »

👍 privacy is staying.

Need to listen to one without Bose before lockdown I think.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

ianst wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 pm Unsure on a couple of options, like drop roof rails and dimming mirrors
I regret not getting the bigger fuel tank, for what it costs it might pay for itself if you can get there on a tank full at ASDA and not have to top up on the motorway
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Love the colour and having seen it in the flesh it’s better than the pics.

Your spec is great imo.

Changes I would make

Remove roof rails unless you really need them. Looks so much better withought.

Add sport design mirrors which again I think look great especially on non dark coloured cars.

Consider comfort light package. It’s not an expensive option and adds a number of features.

If you can avoid the piano black finish I would. Aluminium is not overly pricey and will brighten the interior as well as not mark like the piano black finish. Carbon is very nice but a fair bit more.

Go and listen to the standard audio and see what you think. I opted standard over Bose as not enough difference. And I am one that’s used to the B&O system in Audis and like my music.

Rear airbags seem to get forgotten by most. If you have kids or carry rear passengers I always select this on all cars for these reasons.

The most important item to tick is the bigger fuel tank. It’s an absolute must and it’s cheap. It was free on the Mk1 though.

Whatever you decide it’s a fab spec and cracking SUV 👍
GTS 😀
ianst

Post by ianst »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 pm
ianst wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 pm Unsure on a couple of options, like drop roof rails and dimming mirrors
I regret not getting the bigger fuel tank, for what it costs it might pay for itself if you can get there on a tank full at ASDA and not have to top up on the motorway
thanks, any idea what the mile range is with and without?
ianst

Post by ianst »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm Love the colour and having seen it in the flesh it’s better than the pics.

Your spec is great imo.

Changes I would make

Add sport design mirrors which again I think look great especially on non dark coloured cars.

Consider comfort light package. It’s not an expensive option and adds a number of features.

If you can avoid the piano black finish I would. Aluminium is not overly pricey and will brighten the interior as well as not mark like the piano black finish. Carbon is very nice but a fair bit more.

Go and listen to the standard audio and see what you think. I opted standard over Bose as not enough difference. And I am one that’s used to the B&O system in Audis and like my music.

Rear airbags seem to get forgotten by most. If you have kids or carry rear passengers I always select this on all cars for these reasons.

The most important item to tick is the bigger fuel tank. It’s an absolute must and it’s cheap. It was free on the Mk1 though.

Gonna skip the rear airbags as no kids.
Will checkout the interior trim.
What does comfort light add? we have colour changing lights on evoque and they seem pointless
We have the Meridian system on evoque too, but need to hear without bose.
Mirrors seem expensive for just changing the base, but will see
pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

Just picked up my S today. Love it. Full tank of fuel and it says about 440 miles. I have the larger tank so i would say u would get about 80 miles less on the standard tank.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

ianst wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:20 pm
Kasfranks99 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm Love the colour and having seen it in the flesh it’s better than the pics.

Your spec is great imo.

Changes I would make

Gonna skip the rear airbags as no kids.
Will checkout the interior trim.
What does comfort light add? we have colour changing lights on evoque and they seem pointless
We have the Meridian system on evoque too, but need to hear without bose.
Mirrors seem expensive for just changing the base, but will see
The interior piano black is nice. But it scratches very easily. I have it in other cars and it’s a pain to be honest.

Comfort lighting should be standard but as we know everything is optional. 🙄
Below is a description of the additions.

All features of the standard LED interior lighting concept with additional LED lighting as follows:
door storage compartments
door panels (ambient)
mirror courtesy lighting and vanity lights in roof lining
Also includes position lights in the doors.
GTS 😀